MassReconnect: Free Community College for Adults 25+
Scroll Down for Page Content
MassReconnect is here! Free Community College! Enrolling now for the Fall 2023 semester!
What is MassReconnect?
MassReconnect covers the cost of community college for Massachusetts residents 25 or older without a previous college degree. Open to new and current Bristol students, there is still time to register for the Fall 2023 semester.
Bristol Community College has so much to offer adult learners, with specialized resources to help you learn, grow and succeed. Bristol's financial aid, admissions and advising staff are available to assist you get enrolled!
Learn more about MassReconnect: register for a MassReconnect Virtual Information Session here
Who is eligible?
Students are eligible for MassReconnect, if they:
- Are 25 or older on the first day of classes.
- Have not previously received an associate or bachelor's degree or the equivalent.
- Are enrolled in at least 6 credits per semester towards an associate degree or an eligible certificate program.
- Complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA).
- Have been a permanent legal resident of the Commonwealth for at least one year at
start of the enrolled term.
Please note: Those in adjacent Rhode Island communities who are eligible for the in-state tuition rate at Bristol are not eligible for MassReconnect.
- Maintain satisfactory academic progress according to the college's requirements.
What is covered under MassReconnect?
Tuition and fees are covered, and students will receive an allowance to pay for books and supplies.
If I am interested in MassReconnect, what are my next steps?
1. Apply to Bristol Community College.
2. Complete the 2023-2024 Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA).
Thinking about applying but want to know more? Fill out our interest form to stay up-to-date.
What's holding you back?
Your Dreams are Within Reach! The idea of going back to college or starting college can seem overwhelming. Bristol has so much to offer adult learners. Learn more here!
Adult Education - Don't let an incomplete high school education hold you back. Get back on track with Bristol’s Adult Basic Education (ABE) and HiSET/GED services.
- Advising - The Bristol team of academic advisors works in collaboration with the entire college community, faculty, and staff, to promote Adult Learners' success.
- Credit for Prior Learning - Get credit for learning through your work, life or learning experience.
- English as a Second Language - Get help developing your English language skills.
- Veterans Services - Get support and benefits through the Veterans Center.
- Learning Commons - Get help with writing, study skills, and more through free in-person and online tutoring for any student. The Learning Commons houses both the Writing and the Tutoring and Academic Support Centers.
- Disability Services - The Office of Disability Services (ODS) provides a full range of advocacy and learning services for Bristol’s diverse population of students with disabilities.
- Transfer Services - Bristol’s Transfer Services provides you with the transfer counseling needed to continue your education here at Bristol and at four-year colleges and universities.
- Child Care Center - Skip the high-priced daycare facilities with on-site childcare, available on the Fall River Campus.
- Career Services - Bristol helps put your education to use. Career Services is available for career counseling, job search assistance and networking opportunities.
- Tuition reimbursement - Did you know your employer may cover your college costs? Check with your company's human resources department.
Have questions? Contact Bristol’s Admissions team for more information.
Recipients who are later determined to be ineligible for MassReconnect may be billed for disbursed funds.