Register for Classes
You've made a smart choice with Bristol Community College. Now, let us help you complete your schedule. Here's everything you need to know about registering for classes at Bristol.
Before registering for classes, please reach out to your academic coordinator or faculty advisor, who can advise you about registration, academic planning, transfer, and more. You can find your advisor assignment by following the steps at the bottom of this page.
Students registering for face-to-face and/or hybrid courses will be required to provide proof of COVID-19 Vaccination or have a valid accommodation for COVID-19 prior to registration.
If you wish to come to campus for services, you will need to show proof of COVID-19 Vaccination or have a valid accommodation for COVID-19.
Visit BristolCC.edu/VaccinationPolicy for more information.
Fall 2022 Courses at Bristol
Need more time to think about your Fall plans? Flex Start courses start on September 20, giving you some more time to get ready to return to Bristol. Look for Flex Start courses in the course search today.
Important Dates for the Upcoming Fall Semester
- Registration begins: April 13
- Fall tuition due: August 4
- Book advances open: August 8
- Classes begin: September 6
- Last day to add: September 12
- Last day to drop: September 19
- Book advances close online: October 5
- Book advances close in person: October 7
- Last day to withdraw: November 14
- Last day of semester: December 16
General Dates to Keep in Mind When Registering
|Key Items||Approximate Timeframes|
|Registration Begins||Summer (early March), Fall (mid-April), Winter (mid-October), Spring (mid-November)|
|FAFSA Opens||October 1|
|Book Advances Open||Summer (mid-May), Fall (early August), Winter and Spring (mid-December)|
|Book Advances Close||Summer (late June), Fall (early October), Winter and Spring (mid-February)|
|Classes Begin||Summer (early June), Fall (early September), Winter (late December), Spring (mid-January)|
|Last Day to Add||Summer (early June), Fall (mid-September), Winter and Spring (late December)|
|Last Day to Drop||Summer (mid-June), Fall (mid-September), Winter and Spring (late December)|
|Last Day to Withdraw||Summer (early March), Fall (mid-November), Winter and Spring (early January)|
|Last Day of Semester||Summer (late August), Fall (mid-December), Winter (mid-January), Spring (early May)|
Book Advance Program - Did you know?
Book Advances give you the opportunity to use some of your financial aid funds in advance of the first disbursement to purchase books, course materials and technology (i.e., computer) at the College Bookstore at www.bristol.bkstr.com. Click the following link for more information: Book Advances.
Courses for the spring semester will have a waitlist option, giving students the opportunity to add themselves to a waitlist for a class that is full. Learn more about Waitlist here.
Get Started with Advising and Registration
The registration process works differently for everyone depending on student status. Whether you're a current student, a new student, or a guest student, we have your process below!
Registration for Current Students
- Log in to DegreeWorks to check your degree audit and find your assigned advisor. If you have not already, we encourage you to connect with your Advisor as soon as possible. Your Advisor can also provide your PIN, which you may need to register. If you need assistance connecting with your Advisor, please contact AdvisingCenter@BristolCC.edu.
- Register for classes now. You can make changes to your schedule if needed.
- Complete your financial aid as soon as possible. If you need assistance, please contact Financial Aid at FinancialAid@BristolCC.edu.
- Set up a payment plan if you’re not using financial aid or if you haven't completed your FAFSA application.
Registration for New Students
Before you can register for classes, you must complete placement testing or receive an exemption. Click HERE to learn about the Testing Center.
Once eligible to register for classes, you will receive information from Advising on how to sign up for a New Student Registration Day, where you will meet with an advisor and register for your classes. New Student appointments will begin in December.
You will also be invited to view the New Student Orientation online to continue your introduction to Bristol. Learn more about orientation.
Registration for Guest Students
If you are a student at another college or university and want to earn credits to transfer to your home institution, you are a guest student. Learn more on the Guest Students page.
Meeting with an Advisor
Students are paired with advisors based on the academic program and the advisor's specialty. Students who are not assigned an advisor should contact AdvisingCenter@BristolCC.edu to be connected with a memeber of our team.
On-Campus College Services
All Bristol Community College locations are open!
Students can continue to access programs and services via virtual appointments, regardless of their vaccination status.
Less than 15 minutes:
Current and future students and their guests coming to the campus for approximately 15 minutes or less do not need to show proof of vaccination but must follow strict safety protocols, including always wearing a mask while indoors at any of the college locations. For example, picking up a book at the bookstore or picking up resources at the library.
More than 15 minutes:
Make an appointment. Must show proof of vaccination or have a valid accommodation for COVID-19. Current and future students and their guests coming to any of the college locations for an indoor event or accessing a service that will take more than approximately 15 minutes must provide proof of being fully vaccinated or have a valid accommodation for COVID-19. For example, tutoring, advising, counseling center, placement testing.
Additional areas requiring compliance with the vaccination policy:
- Indoor college-sponsored events and activities, including student programs and Bristol Theatre productions.
- Indoor athletic and recreational activities, including the Fitness Center and sporting events.
- Library Learning Commons at all campus locations, with the exception of individuals dropping off or picking up resources that will take approximately 15 minutes or less.
Make an Appointment
- Arrive no earlier than 10 minutes prior to your appointment time.
- No guests/visitors at your appointment, unless previous arrangements have been made.
- Follow social distancing guidelines.
- Do not come to campus if you are experiencing any COVID-19 symptoms or have been in contact with someone with COVID-19. Contact the department to either reschedule your appointment or change to a virtual appointment.
- Download the Bristol Mobile App to stay updated.