New Campus Protocols
What you need to know before visiting any of the college locations.
Attleboro | Fall River | New Bedford | Taunton
COVID-19 Vaccination Requirements
Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) Procedure
All Employees & Students
Please refer to the most up-to-date guidance regarding PPE: www.mass.gov/info-details/covid-19-mask-requirements.
Each department should reach out to Business Services at BusinessServices@BristolCC.edu to address their specific PPE needs.
Face masks are required indoors at all college locations. Make sure you are wearing your face masks properly.
Masks must cover from the bridge of your nose to your chin. Wearing two masks is better than one. Look for kiosks in every building with free masks and gloves.
Bristol also has KN95 and N95 masks available free for all employees and students at all college locations.
- Fall River Campus: Campus Police in D building and Health Services in E building.
- Check with the Deans in Attleboro, New Bedford and Taunton.
Faculty & Students - Specialized Academic Environments
Specialized PPE requirements may be required in different departments; please check with your supervisor/dean. This varies based on circumstances and may include, but is not limited to, a combination of the following:
- Face mask, gloves, face shield, gown, shoe coverings, and hair coverings.
- Each department will work with Business Services to order and supply PPE for in-lab/clinic use.
Refusal to Wear PPE
To address the refusal to wear PPE from an employee or student who has not requested or does not seek an accommodation:
In the case of an immediate concern, such as but not limited to a classroom, lab or indoor space, Campus Police should be contacted followed by the appropriate contact for students or employees.
Eating While on Campus
Bristol CC has continually taken a very cautious approach to prevent the spread of COVID-19 on campus, with great success.
It is important to keep the time without masks on as short as possible. This includes lowering your mask when eating or drinking and putting it back on between bites and during conversations. Masks should be put back on as soon as possible when the meal is finished.
The CDC still recommends distancing in cafeterias, washing hands before and after eating, wearing masks when not eating, having masks and hand sanitizers available to those who need them, and ensuring a clean environment, all of which Bristol adheres to. All COVID related protocol at Bristol may be updated as the situations change in our communities.
- Grab & Go service will continue in the cafeteria.
- Small lounge spaces continue to remain closed, while larger lounge spaces may be used at a limited capacity, ensuring all proper health protocols are followed.
- Additional outside seating and space for meals is provided via tents and under solar canopies.
- No eating or drinking is allowed in classrooms.
- Eating outdoors, in a private office/space alone with the door shut, or alone in personal vehicles is encouraged.
- If you eat with others indoors, it is preferred that you do so in a large public area, like the cafeteria or the open area of J-Building, in order to maintain appropriate physical distancing.
- Eating with two people per table in the cafeteria is permitted.
- Please follow directions on signs located in public areas about space protocol and capacity limits.
If you share an office space:
- It is preferred that one leaves the office while the other eats. However, one person can continue to wear their mask while the other is eating.
- If the office is large enough to allow for appropriate distancing, people may eat together at a distance.
- Masks should be put back on as soon as possible when the meal is finished.
Visiting a Bristol Community College Location
Students can continue to access programs and services via virtual appointments, regardless of their vaccination status.
Visiting the college for:
Approximately 15 minutes or less:
Current and future students and their guests coming to the campus for approximately 15 minutes or less do not need to show proof of vaccination but must follow strict safety protocols, including always wearing a mask while indoors at any of the college locations. For example, picking up a book at the bookstore or picking up resources at the library.
Approximately more than 15 minutes:
- Make an appointment.
- Must show proof of vaccination or have a valid accommodation for COVID-19.
Current and future students and their guests coming to any of the college locations for an indoor event or accessing a service that will take more than approximately 15 minutes must provide proof of being fully vaccinated or have a valid accommodation for COVID-19. For example, tutoring, advising, counseling center, placement testing.
Additional areas requiring compliance with the vaccination policy:
- Indoor college-sponsored events and activities, including student programs and Bristol Theatre productions.
- Indoor athletic and recreational activities, including the Fitness Center and sporting events.
- Library Learning Commons at all campus locations, with the exception of individuals dropping off or picking up resources that will take approximately 15 minutes or less.
Services and Appointments
- Bristol Community College is open and all services are available virtually and in person. Check www.bristolcc.edu/appointments for a contact list of departments and services.
- Cleaning wipes, gloves and masks are available in each building for use wherever students and staff meet.
- Athletics & Recreation communicates specific athletic program protocols on a regular basis to athletes, students, staff and faculty.
- The Athletics Plan and updates can be viewed on the Athletics webpage.
- Visitors to all indoor games regardless of whether they are a current student, faculty or staff member must show proof of COVID-19 vaccination upon entering. A hard copy of COVID-19 vaccination record card, digital image of your COVID-19 vaccination record card or COVID-19 SMART Health Card (Mass. Residents Only) is accepted. There will be no admission without proof of vaccination. www.BristolCC.edu/visitorvaccinationpolicy
- Please review Bristol's Fitness Center Reopening Plan.
- Visitors regardless of whether they are a current student, faculty or staff member must show proof of COVID-19 vaccination upon entering. A hard copy of COVID-19 vaccination record card, digital image of your COVID-19 vaccination record card or COVID-19 SMART Health Card (Mass. Residents Only) is accepted. There will be no admission without proof of vaccination. www.BristolCC.edu/visitorvaccinationpolicy
List of areas requiring COVID-19 Vaccination Cards at the door:
Some areas of the college require that you show proof of COVID-19 vaccination when you enter regardless of whether you are a current student, faculty or staff member. Please remember to carry your COVID-19 vaccination card with you or have a digital copy available on your phone. www.BristolCC.edu/visitorvaccinationpolicy
- CITE Lab/Online Learning
- Enrollment Center
- Fitness Center
- Library Learning Commons
- Multicultural Center
- Student & Family Engagement
- Veterans Center
- Women's Center
Travel increases your chances of getting and spreading COVID-19. If you must travel, make sure you are aware of and adhere to restrictions for your destination and place of return.
Within the United States, check the state and territorial health department websites for the latest information.