Bristol Community College is pleased to welcome the community to all of our college locations. Effective January 3, 2022, the college is implementing the
COVID-19 Vaccine Policy of the Massachusetts Community College System for Employees,
which also addresses in-person community events.
If you are planning an event at any of the college locations and/or providing services that require access to one of the college’s locations, you must follow these strict guidelines. During the course of the ongoing pandemic, Bristol has continually updated policies and procedures to comply with current federal, state, and local public health orders, mandates and/or guidance in order to keep the college community safe. We have appreciated your cooperation and assistance in these efforts. Please remember that depending on the track of the virus, at any time, the college may need to roll back in-person operations and take other immediate actions. We will always lead with safety.
- General guidelines can be found at www.bristolcc.edu/Together.
- Beginning January 3, 2022, all parties at the event will follow all COVID-19 safety protocols as outlined in the COVID-19 Vaccine Policy of the Massachusetts Community College System for Employees.
- Guidelines specific to the event booking will be finalized a few weeks prior to the event to confirm that all safety protocols are in place and being followed.
- A COVID-19 Protocol Plan must be submitted and strictly followed.
- Once the event is booked, event scheduling will reach out to the person organizing the event to discuss the details.
Requesting Space at Bristol Community College
The process for requesting space, such as theater, Commonwealth College Center, outdoor venues, athletic field, and conference space for all external requests, will be made through an email to EventScheduling@BristolCC.edu.
The protocols will be different for each group and type of event but must follow the
Indoor Event Guidelines below. A group using classrooms will have a different protocol plan. Please note, in addition
to aligning with your organization’s COVID-19 restrictions, you will need to comply
with health and safety protocols as established by Bristol. Groups of academic nature
will be handled on a case-by-case basis and will also submit their organizations'
protocols for review and approval.
Indoor Event Guidelines
All Bristol students, Bristol employees and community members who are attending indoor events must be fully vaccinated for COVID-19, as defined by the Policy, or have a valid accommodation for COVID-19.
- COVID-19 Vaccination Card must be shown at the door (responsibility of organization
hosting the event to staff check-in.)
- Guests aged 12 and over: must show official COVID-19 vaccination card.
- Digital photo or hard copy of your vaccination card is accepted.
- ONLY if a person has a valid accommodation for COVID-19 can they provide printed or digital proof of a negative COVID-19 PCR or antigen tests administered by a medical provider within 48 hours of being at any Bristol location. (Only applies to people with a medical condition or closely held religious belief that prevents vaccination.)
- All parties at the event will follow the COVID-19 Vaccine Policy of the Massachusetts Community College System for Employees.
- The college may require to see the external party's process to ensure that Bristol policies will be followed in earnest.
- Depending on the track of the virus, at any time, the college may need to roll back
in-person operations and take other immediate actions.
Requesting Food for Your Event
There are strict protocols that have been put into place for eating while on campus due to COVID-19. All food service bookings will need to be approved by and coordinated through the foodservice vendor (see below) and contact EventScheduling@BristolCC.edu. We cannot guarantee that food will be allowed at an event until a few weeks prior to the event at which time it will depend on the current guidance and safety protocols that are in place at the time the event is taking place. This detail will need to be included in the COVID-19 Protocol Plan.
Bristol’s Food Service vendor, Epicurean Feast, has the right of first refusal and must be contacted even in the case of donated or in-kind food being served at your event. If you are serving food at your event, Event Scheduling must be notified, no outside food can be served without prior approval. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Phone: 774.357.2237 Cater Trax: https://bristolcommunitycollege.catertrax.com
Thank you for your patience as we work through this new and unique time. We appreciate the support you provide the college and look forward to working with you closely on these details so that we all have a successful event.
For any questions please email: EventScheduling@BristolCC.edu