President's Approved Goals 2023-2024
Scroll Down for Page Content
Select a 2023-2024 strategy box below for details:
Advance an engaging holistic teaching and learning environment resulting in a seamless student experience that prepares them to embrace life's opportunities.
Align Program and Curriculum to Labor Market Data and their identified skill sets.
- Develop a framework to assess the viability of academic programs and develop defined career pathway templates for each viable academic program that include stackable credentials as well as career and transfer options.
- Enhance our CAS (Council for the Advancement of Standards) academic program review model to include a review of HIPs (High Impact Practices), equity goals, Student Learning Outcomes and use of Labor Market Information (LMI) to inform program improvement.
Develop a plan that outlines the processes and systems needed to support an adult learner model.
- Define a clear communication process and protocol for onboarding and orienting adult learners.
- Develop specific adult learner recruitment and retention plans for Attleboro, Fall River, New Bedford, Taunton and Online students.
- Develop and implement a professional development program for Bristol employees that identifies best practices and pedagogy for supporting adult learners.
Develop a more consistent, robust online learning experience for our students.
- Adopt Quality Matters standards to ensure quality of our online education and student learning.
- Identify online courses with high withdrawal rates and assess for continuous improvement opportunities.
- Disaggregate online courses success rates by program, age, gender, ethnicity and assess for continuous improvement.
Shared responsibility for the success of our students and employees by improving equity-mindedness and ensuring institutional support that lessens equity gaps.
Develop and implement a recruitment strategy to increase the application rates, hiring and success of minority employee candidates within the college.
- Develop and implement employee recruitment strategies that engage affiliations and partnerships associated with diverse communities.
- Enhance our Employee Recognition & Awards program to include recognition of employees for their leadership and commitment to diversity, equity and inclusion.
Increase the success rates of our African American and LatinX students in Gateway Courses by 2%.
- Develop equity plans for each academic area and program, as well as at each Bristol location and online learning.
- Complete an analysis of success rates by program, disaggregated by demographics. Develop measures for programs in need of improved success.
Develop and launch a professional development plan centered around equitable pedagogy and high impact practices.
- Launch Tier I of the HEIF Equity Core Competency training and develop an institutional operation plan for managing and tracking employee participation.
Create a culture of innovation through improved processes and collaboration, modern technology and ongoing professional development to support student and employee success.
Align our Information Technology Systems to reduce risk and meet the strategic needs of the college.
- Complete a third-party assessment of the Information Technology Systems area to better understand employee skill sets and develop a team that will enable us to face future cybersecurity needs.
- Develop an Information Technology Systems business continuity plan to ensure smooth operations should a crisis impact our ability to function.
- Develop a technology analysis method that will enable the college to make informed technology acquisition decisions and reduce technology redundancy.
- Engage the American Association of Collegiate Registrars and Admissions Officers (AACRAO) to help us develop best practices in records management, admissions, enrollment management, administrative information technology, and student services to ensure our Title IV compliance.
Create a more productive and supportive working environment for our employees.
- Identify the Standard Operating Procedures that the college needs and a timeline for their development.
- Create a resource portal of important information employees need to access within their first 90 days on the job.
Align college resources to our strategic priorities.
- Develop and implement a process to ensure that all grants the college pursues align with our strategic priorities, goals and capacity.
- Develop and implement a process to solicit donor gifts that support our strategic priorities, goals and capacity.
- Assign responsibility of the college’s risk management objectives to individual departments.
Collaborate with educational institutions, alumni, industry and community partners to increase educational attainment and support the talent pipeline to enhance opportunities in the region.
Increase strategic partnerships with each of our campus locations.
- Develop a plan that identifies each campus’s top strategic partners with purpose, goals and key players involved in the development process.
- Increase the number of community events being held at each campus to increase brand recognition, foot traffic and revenue for each location.
- Identify opportunities at each campus to increase revenue beyond normal campus operations and implement outreach plans to develop new partners.
Develop a plan that supports the growth and success of our College Access Program.
- Review the staffing structure of the College Access department to ensure that we have the appropriate human resources to serve student participants and school partners.
- Review the enrollment process and data collection methods used to track and report on each of our early college programs.
- Conduct an analysis of the success rates of our dual enrollment/early college students by program and partner.
Increase alumni engagement.
- Develop a searchable database of alumni by certificate/degree program.
- Identify a classification system of attributes among alumni for easy identification and more targeted engagement opportunities.
- Develop and implement an annual communication plan to engage our alumni.
- Increase the number of alumni who currently participate in other voluntary activities: Alumni Association Steering Committee, mentoring, speaking events.
- Conduct Alumni Satisfaction Survey to Assess feedback on Bristol Experience; modify strategic direction based on alumni input.
- Append work-related information to alumni data for more targeted messaging & engagement.