President's Approved Goals 2021-2022
Scroll Down for Page Content
Select a 2021-2022 strategy box below for details:
Enact the new integrated pro-active advising model.
- Identify needs of specific targeted groups.
- Define models/plans that address needs of targeted groups.
- Be more intentional about aligning outreach at key times throughout the process.
- Develop expectations of pro-active advising (both student and staff).
- Develop pro-active advising assessment plan.
Increase enrollment of adult learner populations.
- Develop and implement an adult learner data collection plan.
- Better define adult learner segments.
- Develop an outreach plan which includes marketing and recruitment.
- Develop an onboarding, engagement and retention plan for adult learners.
Create an engaged online learner community.
- Provide online learner and faculty support services at all Bristol locations.
- Standardize online and hybrid modality models.
- Adopt best practices to provide online learners with uniform/familiar experiences across distance learning.
More intentionally embed career skills into each program.
- Use the CAS assessment/review process together with EMSI data to identify and address skill gaps by program.
- Align the work-study program with students’ career/workforce goals.
Implement the Slate Customer Relations Management platform.
- Develop and implement an intentional, proactive communication strategy to engage prospective students throughout the enrollment process.
- Collect and analyze relevant data on prospective students to inform our recruitment strategy.
- Centralize Bristol's multiple enrollment processes for specialized populations, such as workforce training, adult education, and dual enrollment, to create a more streamlined process for recruitment into certificate and degree programs.
Increase the number of diverse employees at Bristol Community College.
- Increase the number of candidates seeking employment at Bristol.
- Increase the retention of diverse employees.
- Update the college’s Affirmative Action Plan from new census data.
- Better understand the characteristics that drive successfully diverse workplaces through data gathered by affinity groups; develop plan to implement actions.
Identify Diversity, Equity and Inclusion (DEI) competencies for all employees.
- Implement professional development and training that align with equity initiatives.
Increase the number of BIPOC students enrolled at the college.
- Create and develop strategic enrollment plan that focuses on the recruitment and retention of BIPOC and minoritized students.
- Develop intentional systems to better support and retain Black and Latino male students.
- Grow the number of BIPOC students enrolled in Early College programs.
- Develop and adopt holistic admissions for the Nursing program.
Complete an equity data collection plan for Student Services and Enrollment Management that disaggregates data in ways that identify areas of improvement.
- Develop equity action plans for Student Services and Enrollment Management.
- Identify additional data needs relative to Student Services and Enrollment Management.
Conduct an audit of Student Services and Enrollment Management policies for equitable practices.
- Ensure that policies are equitable for all students.
Conduct an audit of Student Services and Enrollment Management communications for appropriate language.
- Ensure that all communication uses asset-based language.
Develop an education career pathway to increase the number of minority teachers in our region.
- Develop an education transfer program that enables students to begin their education degree at Bristol then transfer to local 4-year universities.
- Explore an early college pathway in education.
Refine the onboarding process for new employees.
- Assess the current onboarding process to identify necessary resources and improve the process.
Create a more data driven organization.
- Create a user-friendly portal/repository of all data at the college and use the data for operational decisions.
- Create an annual schedule for collection and releasing data.
- Use data to assess asset allocations in relation to strategic priorities.
Mitigate risk among the top three areas of potential risk.
- Cybersecurity/IT related risks.
- Decreasing enrollments.
- Talent management (succession planning, promoting from within, cross-training, broader talent searches – based on skill set - willing to cultivate and train as needed).
Ensure fair and equitable services at all campus locations.
- Review the demographics of each location.
- Understand the needs of students at each location.
- Campus deans take responsibility for recruitment and enrollment management services at their respective locations.
Develop a culture of service throughout the organization that includes both internal and external customers.
- Develop training that cultivates a culture of service.
- Shift culture to be a student-ready college.
Align our fundraising with strategic goals.
- Close the loop with our stewardship process.
- Highlight key successes to donors to showcase our strategic successes.
- Define a plan to identify the top donors aligned with past intent and future strategic needs – use the strategic plan as a catalyst for solicitation.
Develop a process to identify and support the ongoing software needs of the college.
- Review existing inventory of software and define the main systems and tools that are needed to support long-term needs of the college.
- Develop a plan for college software that enables us to identify current and future needs, avoid duplication and possibly consolidate functions.
- Develop a plan for consolidating.
Identify Strategic K-12 partnerships in “opportunity zones."
- Identify geographic areas/school systems for new partnership opportunities.
- Use EMSI data to identify short-term credential options for students that can be built into early college programs.
- Identify expansion opportunities within existing K-12 partner programs.
Increase transfer rate of students to four-year institutions.
- Review existing articulations for gaps and/or strategic opportunities.
- Increase student awareness of transfer opportunities by increasing events and communication about transfer services.
- More broadly engage alumni and advisory boards to increase transfer awareness.
Develop a corporate outreach plan by campus region.
- Develop corporate partnership plans and goals by region—Attleboro, Fall River, Taunton and New Bedford with appropriate campus dean.
- Use EMSI/existing partner data ways to identify skills/training gaps.
- Define a skills map by industry and align with existing credentials, training.