1. Send your applications and any application fees to the four-year schools (or file online) well within the deadline.
  2. Remember: if you are applying for spring admission, apply in October. If you are applying for Fall Admission, complete the application during January semester break.
  3. Send college transcript(s). You can request an official copy of your transcript at any time free of charge. Please visit Request Your Electronic Transcripts for instructions. You will also need to contact other colleges you have attended and arrange to have your transcripts forwarded.
  4. Four-Year Transfer Counseling Appointments at Bristol. Bristol students have the opportunity to meet with representatives from area colleges and universities in a virtual and/or in-person format every semester. This is an excellent opportunity to speak with Admissions Officers, discuss applications and transcripts, and more. Visit our Transfer Services page and Transfer Calendar for special events and information about visits.
  5. Send your high school transcript. If you are transferring without an associate degree, you may need to send an official high school transcript, and for some colleges, SAT scores. Read the college application to see exactly which transcripts and scores are required. 
  6. Send a final transcript. Once you have been accepted and chosen a college to attend and after you have received your final grades, send a final transcript to that college. Bristol transcripts can be requested at no charge on our website.

MassTransfer Application Process

Students who have completed an associate degree with at least a 2.0 GPA and are applying for admission to a Massachusetts state university or University of Massachusetts campus can find instructions on how to apply at the following website:

Application / MassTransfer / Massachusetts Department of Higher Education 

Application information may include:

  • Personal information (name, permanent address, date of birth, citizenship, etc.)
  • Current enrollment information (previous colleges attended, current courses, etc.)
  • Intended enrollment information (institution you plan to attend, planned major, etc.) 


In addition to the application, students must request an official transcript from the Registrar's Office and from any other college previously attended (whether or not you wish to transfer credits). Final transcripts must also be sent following the completion of your associate degree. Have the transcripts sent directly to your intended college.

More information about application filing dates, MassTransfer Tuition Credit, and the Commonwealth Commitment can be found at the following website:

Application / MassTransfer / Massachusetts Department of Higher Education

Financial Aid Process for Transfer Students

Complete the forms for the specific schools you are planning to attend. Almost all schools require that you file a Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) form for financial aid. You can file a FAFSA online. If you have previously filled out a FAFSA, you should receive a renewal form in the mail.

The requirements for financial aid differ among institutions. All schools require the FAFSA. Some, especially private institutions, require the CSS/Financial Aid Profile, and some require supplemental forms.  Check the websites of the four-year college or university to see which forms are needed. 

Be sure to pay attention to deadlines!

If you are applying for spring admission, you must send the college(s) copies of the Student Aid Report (SAR) you received after you filed your FAFSA. If you have questions about Federal student aid programs, call the U.S. Department of Education's toll-free number, 1-800-4-FED AID (1-800-433-3243), or check out their website: U.S. Department of Education.

Additional Information is available at:

The priority deadline for applying for financial aid at most colleges is March 1, but you should complete the forms in January.