The Black Male Experience
Social Justice Workshop: The Black Male Experience #101
On Thursday, April 1st, 2021 we continued our Social Justice programming by presenting The Black Male Experience. The program focused on the real-lived experiences of Black men from across our local community who spoke about their educational journeys. Taking a roundtable approach, the panelists were able to lead the conversation on a variety of topics ranging from education to daily lived experiences. Led by moderator Rob Delaleu, audience members were given additional content through data that looked at educational inequities that exist for black students K-12 and beyond.
Social Justice Workshop: The Black Male Experience #102
On Thursday, May 6th, 2021, we continued our series on The Black Male Experience. The typical forum format was switched to a workshop that consisted of former and current BristolCC student panelists and relationship-building tips from local educators. Using a barbershop talk approach, much-needed insight, perspectives, personal stories & reflections were shared about topics ranging from the transition from high school to navigating a predominately White college campus. Our guest educators tied these themes together with strategies on student engagement and relationship building in & out of the classroom.
Black Male Experience Toolbox & Resources
- The Black Male Experience #101 Forum PowerPoint
- The Black Male Experience #101 Recap Newsletter w/ Resources & Actionable Items
- The Black Male Experience #102 PowerPoint
- The Black Male Experience # 102 Recap Newsletter w/ Resources & Actionable Items
- Video: Proctor & Gamble|Widen the Screen
- Video: Oceans|Hillsong|Cover|by Enni Francis ft Kanaan Francis