Educational Talent Search
Educational Talent Search (ETS) identifies, motivates, and assists over 500 participants from Kuss, Morton and Talbot middle schools and Durfee High School in Fall River to complete high school, and enter and persist in post-secondary education.
The goal is to increase the number of youth from disadvantaged backgrounds, who are low-income and first-generation college bound, to complete high school and enroll and succeed in post-secondary education.
Talent Search serves program participants with early college planning; academic, financial, career, and personal counseling; tutoring; information about post-secondary education and college visits; completing college admissions and financial aid applications; preparation for college entrance exams; mentoring; and family involvement activities.
B.M.C Durfee High School Office Hours – Tuesday through Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 3 p.m.
Bristol Office Hours - Fall River Campus, Building B, Room 120: Monday through Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
Advantages of Talent Search Program:
- Educational Field Trips/College Tour Opportunities
- College Admissions Advising
- Free Dual Enrollment Books (offered to Durfee H.S. students)
- Workshops (Financial Literacy, Budgeting, College Admissions)
- FAFSA Assistance/Workshops/Webinars
- SAT/ACT/PSAT Fee Waivers
- College Application Assistance Fee Waivers
- One-on-one Tutoring
Talent Search Partners/Fall River Public Schools:
- B.M.C. Durfee High School
- Kuss Middle School
- Morton Middle School
- Talbot Middle School