Staff Senate Mentorship Program
The Mentorship Program pairs seasoned Bristol staff members with newly hired employees to assist with the transition to Bristol or to a new position at the college. The 9-month program will meet from January 2024 until August 2024.
Minimum Mentor Eligibility:
Mentors must meet the following requirements
- Staff member.
- Two years of service at Bristol as of December 1, 2023.
- Must be an employee in good standing and received a satisfactory rating on the last two years of performance evaluations.
Minimum Mentee Eligibility:
Mentees must meet the following requirements
- Staff Member.
- Less than two years at Bristol or in current position as of December 1, 2023.
Mentee: Mentees will share their skills and goals along with their concerns, and what areas they wish to learn more at Bristol or in their current role.
Mentor: Mentors will share their professional and organizational knowledge, and experience, while serving as a sounding board or assisting with questions or concerns the mentee may have.
|Potential Mentees||Potential Mentors|
- All applicants: (mentees and mentors) will be notified of their status by January 5, 2024.
- Orientation: Friday, January 26, 2024 - All matched pairs attend an orientation to learn about their roles and responsibilities, meet their match, and have lunch.
- Meetings: Friday, January 26, 2024 - All matched pairs attend an orientation to learn about their roles and responsibilities, meet their match, and have lunch.
- 1st meeting: Review Mentorship questionnaire to discuss goals and outcomes. Share in E-Learning goals and desired outcomes from the program.
- Mentor/Mentee Check in: March 2024: Pairs will meet collectively as a group to share their experiences and how things are going with the program.
- Online course space - will be utilized for discussion, sharing ideas, feedback, and connecting. A monthly discussion question with articles will be posted to share ideas and increase participation.
- Focus Groups/Feedback: throughout the program, feedback forms, and brief focus group meetings will be conducted to help with program improvement.
- “End of Year Reflection” – Mentor/Mentee debrief on the goals they developed at their first meeting to determine successes or continued needs. Share in E-Learning their successes and challenges.
- End of year Mentor/Mentee Celebration and Award Ceremony: August 2024: Pairs will meet collectively as a group to share their experiences and how things are going with the program.