GATA (Guaranteed Admission & Tuition Agreement)
The Bristol Community College/Providence College Guaranteed Admission and Tuition Agreement (GATA) program offers current Bristol students an incredible opportunity: the ability to guarantee admission and significantly reduced tuition to pursue a bachelor’s degree at Providence College through the School of Continuing Education (SCE), after they’ve graduated from Bristol.
Virtual GATA Days
- Check back for upcoming dates.
The benefits of the GATA program for those who qualify include:
- Guaranteed admission to PC SCE, and no fee to apply,
- Advising services from both SCE and Bristol Community College advisers while you complete your associate’s degree,
- A 33% discount on PC SCE tuition – and our overall cost to attend is already lower than RIC, URI, UMASS and many other four-year state schools, even before the 33% discount,
- Invitations to special activities and programs for GATA students,
- The admission offer is not binding – that means that if you are accepted into PC SCE through the program, you are not obligated to attend once you graduate from Bristol.
In order to be eligible to apply to the GATA program, you must:
- Be enrolled in a degree program at Bristol Community College that has a transfer agreement with SCE (see below for the full list)
- Apply to the GATA program before you earn 45 credits at Bristol
(including transfer credit, college credits earned in high school from dual enrollment or enrichment courses, AP, or IB, or from CLEP, or military training)
- We encourage you to submit your application as early as possible in your academic career at Bristol Community College
To apply to the GATA program:
Complete and sign the Bristol to PC GATA Application, Part I and send it, along with an official, up-to-date Bristol transcript, to:
Providence College School of Continuing Education
1 Cunningham Square
Providence, Rhode Island 02918
If you have attended another college or university other than Bristol, be sure to also request your official transcript from those colleges and include them with your application as well.
To remain eligible for admission to SCE through GATA once you’ve applied and been approved, you must:
- Consult with an SCE GATA adviser and, if possible, a Bristol adviser on course selection each semester that you’re at Bristol until you’ve graduated
- Complete your associate’s degree and the SCE articulation agreement at Bristol within five years from the date that you submit your GATA application. In your final semester at Bristol, consult the directions to complete the GATA Intent to Enroll Form and, if possible, have it signed by a Bristol adviser. Submit the Intent to Enroll form to the P.C. School of Continuing Education.
- Graduate from Bristol with a 3.0 cumulative GPA or higher
- Enroll at SCE within two years of graduating from Bristol
- The SCE tuition discount is good for five years from the date of your enrollment at SCE. To remain eligible for the discount, you must maintain at least a 3.0 cumulative GPA and earn a minimum of 12 credits per academic year in the SCE. Details are below.
PC/Bristol Community College GATA Approved Transfer Agreements
To see how your Bristol courses may transfer into a bachelor’s degree program at SCE, review our transfer worksheets:
- Bristol A.A. in Business Administration to SCE B.A. in Leadership Development
- Bristol A.S. in Fire Science Technology to SCE B.S. in Fire Administration
- Bristol A.S. in General Studies (Health & Life Sciences Studies) to SCE B.A. in Healthcare Administration
- Bristol A.A. in Liberal Arts & Sciences (Humanities Transfer) to SCE B.A. in Healthcare Administration
- Bristol A.A. in Liberal Arts & Sciences (Behavioral/Social Sciences Transfer) to SCE B.A. in Healthcare Administration
- Bristol A.A. in Liberal Arts & Sciences (Behavioral/Social Sciences Transfer) to SCE B.A. in Liberal Studies
- Bristol A.A. in Liberal Arts & Sciences (Behavioral/Social Sciences Transfer) to SCE B.A. in Professional Studies
- Bristol A.A. in Liberal Arts & Sciences (Behavioral/Social Sciences Transfer) to SCE B.A. in Social Science