COVID-19 information and how to get ready for Summer and Fall 2021
The Student Senate is the student governmental body that meets once a week and represents and addresses student concerns within the structure of the College governance. They prepare the annual budget for student activities and organizations, approve new organizations, and evaluate the activities of established ones.
The term of each Senator is up to 4 semesters. To be eligible to run for the Senate, a student must be in good academic standing, maintain satisfactory academic progress, and currently be enrolled in classes. In addition, Senators are required to hold office hours so they are available to the student body.
Every student at Bristol Community College is a member of the Student Senate
The Student Senate is committed to promoting and protecting the rights of students and articulating student voices for advancing action and change. We shall use our collective voice to take an active role in affecting the College’s policies and priorities.
- Represents student interests.
- Establishes and oversees all student organizations.
- Acts as a liaison between the student body, the college administration, and the Board of Trustees.
What the Student Senate is Responsible for:
- Encourages the creation of an atmosphere suitable for intellectual and social growth for students as they participate in the affairs of the college.
- To allocate the revenues generated by Student Activity Fees in a manner consistent with procedures established by the Board of Higher Education and the President of Bristol Community College.
- To give advice and counsel the leadership of Bristol on matters related to the development or improvement of services, policies and procedures at the College.
- To represent the student body by engaging in cooperative ventures and negotiations with representatives of the faculty and administration.
- To assess and/or provide for the educational, recreational, social, cultural, and other needs of the students when such actions would tend to facilitate the attainment of their educational goals.
Find the full Student Senate Constitution here: Student Senate Constitution.
Bristol Student Senate Proposal Form
The Student Senate Proposal form is meant to assist students in presenting information for consideration by the Student Senate. It is not mandatory that students use this form; however, it is highly recommended that students use this form. In order to get your proposal into the New Business section of the Student Senate agenda, please submit your proposal at least 24 hours before the next Student Senate meeting.
Make Change Happen!
Click this link for the Student Senate Proposal Outline.
You can see previous meeting minutes here: Student Senate Meeting Minutes
Student Senate Elected Positions
Student Senate Elections
Student Senate elections take place in both the spring and the fall semesters. All seats, with the exception of President and Vice President, are open to all enrolled Bristol Community College students, regardless of your participation with Senate in the past.
- Spring Elections include Executive Board Positions and Two Senator Seats.
- Fall Elections include Two Senator Seats, Campus Coordinators, and any seats that were not filled in the fall.
Senate Meeting Guest Registration
Please fill out this registration form for any Bristol Student Senate meeting you would like to attend. A link to the Zoom meeting will be sent to your Bristol email on the day of the meeting.
Remember - All students at Bristol are members of Student Senate and are invited to every meeting.
Faculty, Staff and Student Special Guest Presentation
Each Student Senate meeting has a place in the agenda for special guest presentations from members of the community. If you would like to be added to a meeting agenda please fill out this form no later than the Friday before the meeting you would like to attend. Special guest presentation slots are allotted on a first come first served basis. Student Senate will add you to the next available agenda.
Resources for Clubs Leaders and Advisors
- Student Senate Advisor Handbook
- Bristol Club Handbook
- Student Organization Registration Request/Officer List Form
- Event Calendar Overview - Tutorial