Register for Classes
Scroll Down for Page Content
You've made a smart choice with Bristol Community College. Now, let us help you complete your schedule. Here's everything you need to know about registering for classes at Bristol.
Before registering for classes, please reach out to your academic coordinator or faculty advisor, who can advise you about registration, academic planning, transfer, and more. You can find your advisor assignment by following the steps at the bottom of this page.
Jump down to the section you're looking for:
Important Dates for the Fall Semester
- Last day to withdraw: November 14
- Last day of semester: December 16
Spring 2023 Courses at Bristol
Spring 2023 course registration opens soon! Choose from a wide array of fully face-to-face, online, and hybrid course offerings to help you stay on track and prepare for your future. Courses are available to current and new Bristol students. Reach out to your academic coordinator or faculty advisor for assistance with signing up for classes. Stay tuned for more updates regarding Spring 2023!
- Spring course search becomes available November 9
- Registration begins: November 16
- Book advances available: December 12
- Tuition payments due: January 5
- Classes begin: January 18
- Last day to add: January 24
- Last day to drop: January 31
- Last day to withdraw: April 4
- Last day of classes: May 10
Dates are for full-term courses. Students should refer to the add/drop calendar for First Half, Second Half or Flex Terms.
General Dates to Keep in Mind When Registering
|Key Items||Approximate Timeframes|
|Registration Begins||Summer (early March), Fall (mid-April), Winter (mid-October), Spring (mid-November)|
|FAFSA Opens||October 1|
|Book Advances Open||Summer (mid-May), Fall (early August), Winter and Spring (mid-December)|
|Book Advances Close||Summer (late June), Fall (early October), Winter and Spring (mid-February)|
|Classes Begin||Summer (early June), Fall (early September), Winter (late December), Spring (mid-January)|
|Last Day to Add||Summer (early June), Fall (mid-September), Winter and Spring (late December)|
|Last Day to Drop||Summer (mid-June), Fall (mid-September), Winter and Spring (late December)|
|Last Day to Withdraw||Summer (early March), Fall (mid-November), Winter and Spring (early January)|
|Last Day of Semester||Summer (late August), Fall (mid-December), Winter (mid-January), Spring (early May)|
The registration process works differently for everyone depending on student status. Whether you're a current student, a new student, or a guest student, we have your process below!
Students registering for face-to-face and/or hybrid courses will be required to provide proof of COVID-19 Vaccination or have a valid accommodation for COVID-19 prior to registration.
If you wish to come to campus for services, you will need to show proof of COVID-19 Vaccination or have a valid accommodation for COVID-19.
Visit BristolCC.edu/VaccinationPolicy for more information.
- Log in to DegreeWorks to check your degree audit and find your assigned advisor. If you have not already, we encourage you to connect with your Advisor as soon as possible. Your Advisor can also provide your PIN, which you may need to register. If you need assistance connecting with your Advisor, please contact AdvisingCenter@BristolCC.edu.
- Register for classes now. You can make changes to your schedule if needed.
- Complete your financial aid as soon as possible. If you need assistance, please contact Financial Aid at FinancialAid@BristolCC.edu.
- Set up a payment plan if you’re not using financial aid or if you haven't completed your FAFSA application.
Before you can register for classes, you must complete placement testing or receive an exemption. Click HERE to learn about the Testing Center.
Once eligible to register for classes, you will receive information from Advising on how to sign up for a New Student Registration Day, where you will meet with an advisor and register for your classes. New Student appointments will begin in December.
You will also be invited to view the New Student Orientation online to continue your introduction to Bristol. Learn more about orientation.
If you are a student at another college or university and want to earn credits to transfer to your home institution, you are a guest student. Learn more on the Guest Students page.
Students can continue to access programs and services via virtual appointments, regardless of their vaccination status.
Less than 15 minutes:
Current and future students and their guests coming to the campus for approximately 15 minutes or less do not need to show proof of vaccination but must follow strict safety protocols, including always wearing a mask while indoors at any of the college locations. For example, picking up a book at the bookstore or picking up resources at the library.
More than 15 minutes:
Make an appointment. Must show proof of vaccination or have a valid accommodation for COVID-19. Current and future students and their guests coming to any of the college locations for an indoor event or accessing a service that will take more than approximately 15 minutes must provide proof of being fully vaccinated or have a valid accommodation for COVID-19. For example, tutoring, advising, counseling center, placement testing.
Additional areas requiring compliance with the vaccination policy:
- Indoor college-sponsored events and activities, including student programs and Bristol Theatre productions.
- Indoor athletic and recreational activities, including the Fitness Center and sporting events.
- Library Learning Commons at all campus locations, with the exception of individuals dropping off or picking up resources that will take approximately 15 minutes or less.
Make an Appointment
- Arrive no earlier than 10 minutes prior to your appointment time.
- No guests/visitors at your appointment, unless previous arrangements have been made.
- Follow social distancing guidelines.
- Do not come to campus if you are experiencing any COVID-19 symptoms or have been in contact with someone with COVID-19. Contact the department to either reschedule your appointment or change to a virtual appointment.
- Download the Bristol Mobile App to stay updated.