COVID-19 information and how to get ready for Summer and Fall 2021
Sustainability at Bristol
Bristol Community College is at the forefront of sustainability efforts and educational offerings.
From our Fall River campus' solar parking canopy and zero net John J. Sbrega Health and Science Building, to our numerous Energy and Sustainability program courses, Bristol is working to implement and pass on a legacy of sustainability.
Among these efforts and initiatives:
- Student gardens - Located just south of parking lot #8, Bristol has raised beds for student and community gardening, a composting site, and an apiary area.
- Roof-top solar panels - One of the best-kept secrets on campus! Many buildings, including the new J Building have PV and water heating (G-Bldg.) solar panels.
- Solar Canopy - This project, completed in 2015, utilizes the rays of the sun to produce 40 percent of the campus' energy!
- Wind Turbine - There is a wind turbine used for training and education behind G-Building.
- Recycling Center - Bristol has its own recycling and central composting area.