Test of Essential Academic Skills (ATI TEAS)
The ATI TEAS is a required test for students applying to Nursing and Dental Hygiene. The test measures basic essential skills in the academic content area domains of reading, mathematics, science and English and language usage. The exam is computerized and comprised of four timed sections:
- Reading: 53 questions – 64 minutes
- Math: 36 questions – 54 minutes
- Science: 53 questions – 63 minutes
- English and Language Usage: 28 questions – 28 minutes
Scheduling Your Exam
- Due to COVID-19, exams will be given by ATI. To register for the TEAS test, visit the Assessment Technologies Institute (ATI) testing site, and create an account.
- Select TEAS Online, Proctored by ATI.
- Select TEAS for Nursing (even if you are applying to Dental Hygiene)
- For registration assistance, contact ATI at 1.800.667.7531.
To request testing accommodations due to a documented disability, contact your Bristol learning specialist in advance of the exam. If you are not a current Bristol student, register with the Office of Disability Services by contacting 774.357.2295 or email@example.com.
Prepare/Take the Test
Review test preparation materials and tips on the ATI website.
- Effective for the Fall 2022 application cycle, Nursing applicants must achieve a total score of 60% or higher. Dental Hygiene applicants must achieve a total score of 50% or higher.
- Effective for Fall 2019 applicants, 14 days must elapse between the test date and the retake.
- Test results that are more than three (3) years old from the test date will not be accepted.
- Examinees who have taken the TEAS at another institution must have an official copy of the test results sent to the Admissions Office. This may be requested through Assessment Technologies Institute.