Register for Classes
You've made a smart choice with Bristol Community College. Now, let us help you register for your classes. Here's everything you need to know about registering for classes at Bristol.
Summer 2020 Registration
Registration for Summer 2020 classes is now open! Classes begin June 1 and will be offered 100% online. Learn more about summer registration.
Fall 2020 Registration
Registration for Fall 2020 classes is now open. Register as soon as possible to get the best selection of courses, instructors and schedules.
Important Updates Regarding Fall Semester
For the safety of our college community, we are announcing changes for the Fall 2020 semester. Courses will be offered in the following formats:
- Online. Fully online course and materials.
- Synchronous live. Courses that will offer live instruction via video technology.
- Hybrid. Courses that include a blend of online and on-campus course work. These primarily include those with hands-on requirements. On-campus, face-to-face instruction will most likely require the use of face masks, social distancing and other precautionary measures
- We will not be offering any fully face-to-face courses this fall.
So that you are making informed decisions as you build your fall schedule, we will be updating the course schedule. Throughout the next three to four weeks, you will begin seeing changes to classes in the course search on the website and accessBCC. If you have already registered for fall classes, your schedule will be updated to reflect the change in modality (Online, Synchronous Live or Hybrid). By July 1, all course information will be updated. We will need to provide you with continuous updates. It is important that you check your email regularly.
New this semester - course waitlist! Several courses for fall semester will have a waitlist option, giving students the opportunity to add themselves to a waitlist for a class that is full. Learn more about waitlist here.
Tuition and Fees Payments Due: Thursday, August 6
Registration deadline: Tuesday, September 1
First of class: Tuesday, September 8
Get Started with Advising and Registration
The registration process works differently for everyone depending on student status. Whether you're a current student, a new student or a guest student, we have your process below!
Registration for Current Students
- Log in to DegreeWorks to check your degree audit and find your assigned advisor. If you have not already, we encourage you to connect with your Advisor as soon as possible. Your Advisor can also provide your PIN, which you may need to register. If your advisor is a faculty member, their availability may be limited over the summer. If you need assistance connecting with your Advisor, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Register for classes now. You can make changes to your schedule if needed.
- Complete your financial aid as soon as possible. If you need assistance, please contact Financial Aid at email@example.com.
- Set up a payment plan if you’re not using financial aid or if you haven't completed your FAFSA application.
Registration for New Students
Before you can register for classes, you musth complete placement testing or receive an exemption click here to learn more.
Once eligible to register for classes, you will receive information from Advising on how to sign up for a New Student Registration Day, where you will meet with an advisor and register for your classes.
Once registered, you will be invited to New Student Orientation to continue your introduction to Bristol. Learn more about orientation.
Registration for Guest Students
If you are a student at another college or university and want to earn credits to transfer to your home institution, you are a guest student. Click here to learn more.
Meeting with an Advisor
Students are paired with advisors based on academic program and the advisor's specialty. In some instances, students are assigned to the Advising Center where they meet with an available academic advisor. Each semester, students receive a letter regarding the forthcoming scheduling assistance and registration period (Therefore, it is important for you to maintain up-to-date address information with the Bristol Records Office).
Prepare for your appointment:
- Log in to view your degree audit in DegreeWorks, through your accessBCC account. DegreeWorks is an advising tool that allows you to track your degree progress, prepare for registration, and plan for graduation.
- If you are undecided about your major, review the Programs of Study and Certificates in the Academic Catalog.
How to Find Your Advisor
Students are encouraged to meet with their assigned advisor early and often! To find out who your assigned advisor is, log into your accessBCC account and click the Degree Works link. The name of your advisor will be posted at the top of your degree audit.
You can also follow these instructions
- Create an accessBCC account if you haven't already. Click here to create your account.
- Go to accessBCC and login to your account.
- Click on Student Information.
- Select Spring 2020 and click Submit.
- Your advisor will be listed under Primary Advisor.
- Click on Advisor Directory at the top of the page to find the phone number and location of your advisor.
If you have questions, please contact your preferred campus.
- Fall River - Call 774.357.2777 and 774.357.3044
- New Bedford - Call 774.357.4002
- Attleboro - Call 774.357.3527
- Taunton - Call 774.357.3767