CORONAVIRUS & SAFETY PRECAUTIONS:
Register for Classes
You've made a smart choice with Bristol Community College. Now, let us help you register for classes. Here's everything you need to know about registering for classes at Bristol this spring.
Wintersession Courses at Bristol
Looking to get a jump on the Spring Semester? Bristol offers Wintersession courses to help you get ahead in your educational goals between traditional semesters! Courses are available to current and new Bristol students, as well as guest students.
All Wintersession 2020 courses will be online, December 28 to January 15 featuring fast-paced classes to get you ahead for Spring 2021.
- The schedule for Wintersession courses will be available: October 7.
- Registration for Wintersession courses begins: October 14.
For more information, visit the Wintersession page.
Classes may look a little different around our campuses, but you will still receive the same great education that you deserve with the help and support you need to succeed.
Watch the tutorial videos below on how to search for courses and how to register for classes.
Change of plans? If you are considering transferring into Bristol or transferring your credits to your home institution later, please take a look at our Guest Students page.
Book Advance Program - Did you know?
Here's a great feature you can take advantage of at Bristol... Book Advances give you the opportunity to use some of your financial aid funds in advance of the first disbursement to purchase books and course material at the College Bookstore. Bristol Community College financial aid book advance amounts have increased. With this increase, you can now purchase technology (i.e. computer) along with your books and other course materials online at www.bristol.bkstr.com. Click the following link for more information: Book Advances
Courses for the spring semester will have a waitlist option, giving students the opportunity to add themselves to a waitlist for a class that is full. Learn more about Waitlist here.
Tuition and Fees Due: Thursday, January 7
Registration deadline: date will be announced soon
First of class: Monday, January 25
Get Started with Advising and Registration
The registration process works differently for everyone depending on student status. Whether you're a current student, a new student, or a guest student, we have your process below!
Registration for Current Students
- Log in to DegreeWorks to check your degree audit and find your assigned advisor. If you have not already, we encourage you to connect with your Advisor as soon as possible. Your Advisor can also provide your PIN, which you may need to register. If you need assistance connecting with your Advisor, please contact email@example.com.
- Register for classes now. You can make changes to your schedule if needed.
- Complete your financial aid as soon as possible. If you need assistance, please contact Financial Aid at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Set up a payment plan if you’re not using financial aid or if you haven't completed your FAFSA application.
Registration for New Students
Before you can register for classes, you must complete placement testing or receive an exemption. Click HERE to learn more.
Once eligible to register for classes, you will receive information from Advising on how to sign up for a New Student Registration Day, where you will meet with an advisor and register for your classes. New Student appointments will begin in December.
Once registered, you will be invited to New Student Orientation to continue your introduction to Bristol. Learn more about orientation.
Registration for Guest Students
If you are a student at another college or university and want to earn credits to transfer to your home institution, you are a guest student. Click here to learn more.
Meeting with an Advisor
Students are paired with advisors based on the academic program and the advisor's specialty. Students who are not assigned an advisor should contact email@example.com to be connected with a memeber of our team. Each semester, students receive a letter regarding the forthcoming scheduling assistance and registration period (Therefore, it is important for you to maintain up-to-date address information with the Bristol Records Office).
Prepare for your appointment:
- Log in to view your degree audit in DegreeWorks, through your accessBCC account. DegreeWorks is an advising tool that allows you to track your degree progress, prepare for registration, and plan for graduation.
- If you are undecided about your major, review the Programs of Study and Certificates in the Academic Catalog.
How to Find Your Advisor
Students are encouraged to meet with their assigned advisors early and often! To find out who your assigned advisor is, log into your accessBCC account and click the Degree Works link. The name of your advisor will be posted at the top of your degree audit.
You can also follow these instructions
- Create an accessBCC account if you haven't already. Click here to create your account.
- Go to accessBCC and login to your account.
- Click on Student Information.
- Select Fall 2020 and click Submit.
- Your advisor will be listed under Primary Advisor.
- Click on Advisor Directory at the top of the page to find the phone number and location of your advisor.
All registered and matriculated students are assigned an advisor. If you are new, returning, or a nondegree student, you may contact AdvisingCenter@bristolcc.edu to be connected to an advisor.