Strategic Plan 2020-2024
Mission,Vision, Values and Strategies Survey
We have reached another milestone in the strategic planning process—draft mission, vision, values, and strategies. We have sought feedback from the Bristol community and are working to finalize the information based on the feedback.
Virtual Objectives Workshops | April 14 through April 23
In this series of virtual workshops, participants will build on prior work and begin drafting SMART (Specific, Measurable, Achievable, Relevant, Time-bound) objectives to advance each strategy in the Strategic Plan. The final Strategic Plan will include three to six measurable objectives for each of the three to five strategies.
The workshops will take place on:
- Tuesday April 14, 9:30 to 11 a.m.
- Wednesday April 15, 12:30 to 2 p.m. and 5:30 to 7 p.m.
- Thursday April 16, 2 to 3:30 p.m.
- Friday April 17, 1 to 2:30 p.m.
- Tuesday April 21, 5:30 to 7 p.m.
- Thursday April 23, 2 to 3:30 p.m.
Registration was open to all faculty and staff.
Where are we in the Strategic Planning Process?
In the Fall of 2019, the Strategic Planning Committee started the development of Bristol’s 2020-2024 Strategic Plan. After an extensive data collection effort, we started the Spring semester with the Future Summit. Next, we offered two workshops in which participants drafted four strategies:
- Organizational Excellence: Create a culture of change and innovation through improved processes and collaboration, modern technology and ongoing professional development to support student and employee success.
- Equity and Student Success: Take responsibility for the success of our students and employees by improving equity mindedness and ensuring institutional support that closes equity gaps.
- Partnerships: Collaborate with educational institutions, industry and community partners to increase educational attainment and support the talent pipeline to enhance opportunities in the region.
- Academic Innovation: Advance an engaging holistic teaching and learning environment resulting in a seamless student experience that prepares them to embrace life’s opportunities.
The purpose of the objectives workshop is to develop draft objectives to support each strategy.
What will be expected during the Objectives Workshop?
After a short introduction and overview, we will divide the participants into breakout groups. Each breakout group will start by reviewing the same strategy. We have drafted some sample objectives for each strategy, and we will ask you to do the following:
- Identify a Team Captain to coordinate work on objectives and maintain time
- Identify someone to take notes, recording the objectives developed for this strategy
- Review the example objectives. Modify, delete, and alter the example objectives.
What will happen next?
The Strategic Planning Faculty fellows will compile all the objectives created for each strategy in your workshop. We will send each participant a short survey where you can provide any additional feedback and prioritize the objectives.
After all objectives workshop are complete (there are eight in total, spanning across two weeks), the Strategic Planning Faculty Fellows will compile all the objectives and feedback provided. Together with the President's Leadership Team, they will review all the work to date and finalize the objectives for the Strategic Plan.
Implementation Workshop with the President's Leadership Team | Monday, April 27
The President's Leadership Team will review some critical factors for a successful implementation of a strategic plan and then discuss how Bristol will ensure those success factors are present at the college. After the workshop, the team will design an implementation process and cycle to ensure ongoing review, planning, and execution to achieve the intended results.
This is a closed session.
APRIL UPDATE: Strategic Planning Value Survey
Thank you for your participation in the survey, which closed on March 10. The draft values resulting from this survey will be included in the Vision, Mission, Strategies & Values survey which will be available on 4/7/2020.
FEBRUARY UPDATE: Thank you for attending Bristol's Future Summit!
Thank you for joining us for Bristol's Future Summit, which took place on Friday, February 7, 2020 on Bristol's Fall River Campus. We welcomed 160 guests including Bristol faculty, staff and students, as well as
Bristol’s community and industry partners. At the Future Summit we identified impact statements pertaining to the following four topics:
- Creating a culture of change, collaboration, and innovation
- Aligning school districts, colleges, and employers for long-term success
- Maintaining the personal touch in a high-tech learning environment
- Creating pathways to support enrollment for immigrant, minority, first-generation, and adult students
We will be continuing our work in the coming months through a series of workshops, and we hope you will consider joining us!
NOVEMBER UPDATE: Strategic Plan - Future Summit Topics
On November 4, CampusWorks presented their findings from an environmental scan analysis conducted as part of the strategic planning process. After the presentation, participants were invited to complete a very brief survey to share their thoughts on which topics from the analysis would be most important for Bristol’s internal and external community members to hear more about at the Bristol Future Summit on Friday, February 7, 2020.
This half-day mini-conference will feature speakers and breakout sessions that will help inform our strategic plan. Please consider reading the key findings in the Executive Summary of the report. Bristol Faculty and Staff: You may also view a video of the Environmental Scan presentation by clicking here. (Your Microsoft Office/accessBCC login is required.)
In November, the Strategic Planning Committee completed collecting data needed to start the environmental scan and circulated Bristol’s Student Experience Statement, which was developed with data collected at the various Student Experience Workshops hosted on our campuses on 8/29/2019 and 9/25/2019.
SEPTEMBER/OCTOBER UPDATE: SWOT Analysis Survey - Thank you for your input!
We received 120 responses to the SWOT-survey, which was available to the college community through Tuesday, September 24. The raw data was redacted by CampusWorks to ensure anonymity and the data can be viewed here.
These results will be included in Bristol's Environmental Scan Report, which in turn will identify the themes of Bristol's Future Summit, taking place on February 7. This Environmental Scan presentation will be videotaped and made available to you in November 2019.
Bristol Student Experience Workshops – 8/29/2019 & 9/25/2019
Bristol’s Student Experience Workshops were attended by more than 300 students, faculty, and staff on every campus. The data collected during these workshops will result in a Student Experience Statement, which will be made available in November 2019.
- Bristol Student Experience Workshops in Fall River - complete
- Bristol Student Experience Workshops in Taunton - complete
- Bristol Student Experience Workshops in New Bedford - complete
- Bristol Student Experience Workshops in Attleboro - complete
Bristol Strategic Planning Focus Groups
The majority of the facilitated focus groups are complete. We will be conducting three more in November and December, please see the schedule below.
The facilitated focus group that are scheduled below are part of the Environmental Scan Data Collection stage of the process. The data which is collected from this Environmental Scan and the SWOT analysis will provide content which we will explore during the future summit taking place on February 7, 2020.
- High School Superintendents and Principals Focus Group - complete
- Legislators Focus Group - complete
- Bristol Foundation Board Focus Group - complete
- New Bedford Business Advisory Board Focus Group - complete
- Attleboro Business Advisory Board Focus Group - complete
- Civic Engagement/Co-op Advisory Board Focus Group - complete
- Taunton Business Advisory Board Focus Group - complete
- Alumni Association Focus Group - complete
- Staff Senate Focus Group - complete
- Facilities Staff Focus Group - complete
- Adjunct Faculty Advisory Board - complete
- Taunton ESOL students - complete
- New Bedford ESL students - complete
As part of the environmental scan, we conducted surveys to three of our stakeholders; Bristol’s credit students (315 responses), Bristol’s Workforce Education Institute students (11 responses), and Bristol’s Workforce Education Institute partners (30 responses).
These surveys are part of the data collected for the Environmental Scan and will be included in the data presentation in November 2019. All data which is collected from the Environmental Scan will provide content which we will explore during the Future Summit.