The mission of the Financial Aid Office is to help remove financial barriers to assist students in meeting the cost of attendance at BCC. The role of our office is to fill the gap that exists between the cost of attendance and funds available from your family, savings, and other resources. We will assist you with completing your financial aid application and provide information to help you reach your educational goals, whether at BCC or beyond. Our staff is available to answer any questions you may have regarding financial aid and your eligibility concerns. Financial aid awards may include grants, loans, and work. The Financial Aid Office uses the standards and procedures developed by the U. S. Department of Education to estimate a fair student and family contribution, determine financial need, and then determine the amount and type of assistance that can be offered to meet your educational expenses.
The Financial Aid Office provides assistance and counseling in completing the financial aid application, evaluation and determination of need. Advisors and counselors are available via email and the scheduled weekly walk-in hours.
- FAQ visit the Frequently Asked Questions page for information about the financial aid application process, enrollment, repeated classes, withdrawal, and payment
- You need to register by a specific date each semester for financial aid purposes.Click here for details.
Summer 2014 - register for all your summer classes no later than June 16
Fall 2014 - register for all your fall classes no later than September 15
Spring 2015 - register for all your spring classes no later thatn February 3
- Loan eligibility for new borrowers is limited to 150% of program length
- Workshops are available to assist you in completing the FAFSA and other financial aid forms
- Book advance program for Summer 2014 will run from May 12 through June 13; you need your accessBCC One Card (student ID card) to participate
- Financial aid refund information and accessBCC Refund Card (Higher One Master Card)
- The Financial Aid Office will communicate with you through your BCC e-mail account
Set up your e-mail account!
Most correspondence will be sent to your accessBCC email account. Check your account often. You can set up your account once the college has received your FAFSA. Communications, including any additional documents needed to complete the financial aid process and your award notifications, will be sent to your accessBCC email account.
If you have not already set up your accessBCC account, you should follow the following steps:
- Click on the ‘My Access BCC’ logo on the top of this page
- Click ‘Set Up My Account’ in the lower left side of the accessBCC web page
- After accepting the terms of usage, you will need to complete the registration for your accessBCC account.
- You will be given your Username after you click ‘Submit’
Check your Financial Aid Status
Through your accessBCC account you can check your application and award status.
To check your financial aid application for missing documents, log into your account, then go to:
My Quick Links > Financial Aid > My Eligibility > Student Requirements
To check your award status, log in and then go to:
My Quick Links > Financial Aid > My Award
The Financial Aid Office is committed to being a paperless office. Documentation sent to the office is scanned and indexed through our document imaging system. During peak periods, it can take up to a week for information to appear as received. Please allow mailing and scanning time when checking your application status. The information you view through accessBCC is the same information viewable to the Enrollment Services staff.
Monday 8 am – 7pm
Tuesday through Friday 8 am – 5 pm
Enrollment Services Center
Fall River Campus, G120
PHONE: 508 678 2811 ext. 2515 for all financial aid inquiries
ext. 4000 for an appointment at the New Bedford Campus
ext. 3527 for an appointment at the Attleboro Campus
When contacting the office, be sure to have available your student name and school ID number (nine digit number begins 900--). Be sure to include this information in all written correspondence, voice mail, or e-mail.
Financial Aid Office
Bristol Community College
777 Elsbree Street
Fall River, MA 02720