Faculty & Staff
Bristol Community College is a COVID-19 vaccinated community. Please see COVID-19 Vaccination Requirements for STUDENTS | EMPLOYEES | VISITORS, including wearing a mask indoors and watching your distance at all college locations and events.
As of January 2022, Bristol staff have returned to all campus locations, with options for a hybrid work schedule via our Telework Policy.
Employees with questions or concerns regarding in-person work should contact their supervisor and/or Human Resources as necessary.
If outbreaks reemerge in the community, it may become necessary to return to reduced staffing measures.
Bristol Faculty & Staff Meetings
Please refer to BristolCC.edu/EventScheduling for up-to-date guidance regarding on-campus activities, events, and meetings.
While You are on Campus
- Eating while on campus.
- Visiting a Bristol Community College location.
- List of areas requiring COVID-19 Vaccination Cards at the door.
- Masks are required at all times while you are indoors.
IMPORTANT: Do not test at a Bristol testing site if you have COVID-19 symptoms or are a close contact. Visit www.BristolCC.edu/together/testing and go to a General Public testing facility. CIC Health conducts COVID-19 testing on the Fall River Campus in parking lots A & B. Go to www.stopthespread.org to schedule an appointment.
Employee surveillance PCR testing is available at all locations for all employees. We hope that you will take advantage of this great resource and check the schedule. Visit www.BristolCC.edu/together/testing and select the On-campus students and Facluty option to schedule an appointment. Walk-ins are welcome. This is NOT the CIC testing facility in the Bristol parking lot.
Asymptomatic rapid tests (antigen) are available through Bristol’s Health Services and on some departmental levels.
BinaxNow at home antigen tests are available through local pharmacies.
All questions about COVID-19 testing should be referred to HealthServices@BristolCC.edu.
COVID-19 Exposure or Close Contact
Positive for COVID-19 | Bristol Employee or Student
- If you are told that you have tested positive or that you are a close contact, you should immediately go home and isolate yourself.
- Contact Bristol's Health Services. We are fortunate to have a great group of experts working in our Health Services who can guide us. Email HealthServices@BristolCC.edu or call 774.357.2232.
Employee COVID-19 Leave Information
Employees may be eligible to take leave for a covered COVID-19 related reason. Please review more information on the Benefits webpage.
Mental & Emotional Well-being
Human Resources realizes that this is a stressful time for our employees. There are many support services available throughout our community. All employees can view available wellness resources on the Human ResourcesBenefits webpage.
- Student Wellness Mental Health Counseling is available through Bristol's Counseling Services. Visit Counseling Services or call 774.357.2234.
- CARE Team: To make a referral to the CARE Team, visit the CARE Team page.
- Mass4You: Commonwealth of Massachusetts Employee Assistance Program Mass4You or call 844.263.1982 (available 24/7)
- Call2Talk: Mental health, emotional support and suicide prevention program provided by Mass211. It runs 24/7 and is there to help during stressful times Mass211.org/Call2Talk
We are here to help! Find valuable resources for:
- Bristol Online
- ITS Tech Team
- Internet Access
- Digital Productivity Tools
Click Testing Resources for the help you need.
Travel increases your chances of getting and spreading COVID-19. If you must travel, make sure you are aware of and adhere to restrictions for your destination and place of return.
Within the United States, check the state and territorial health department websites for the latest information.
Please review Bristol’s current COVID-19 Employee Travel Protocol on the Policies, Disclosures & Legal Statements page.