EEC Child Development Associate (CDA) Credential Plus Program
Bristol Community College, utilizing the Early Education and Care Pathways grant, has developed a free Child Development Associate (CDA) Plus Program to assist the current early childhood education workforce. This pathway offers numerous opportunities to:
- Take courses to become Teacher and Lead Teacher certified.
- Acquire a CDA through the Council of Professional Recognition.
- Assist students in matriculating into Bristol Community College Early Childhood Education Degree or Certificate programs.
Bristol Community College develops support and connections with those in the Early Childhood Education field in the south coast community. Courses offered bolster Teacher and Lead Teacher certification and a completed Child Development Associate (CDA) Credential (not to be confused with an Associate Degree), which is recognized worldwide.
Advantage of following this pathway:
Early Education and Care is a rewarding field supporting the development of ages birth through five years of age and helping to provide quality early childhood education for children and families in our communities. Currently, there is a high demand for workers due to a shortage of qualified teachers and lead teachers in Massachusetts.
Upon completion, there is an opportunity to matriculate into the Bristol ECE Associate Degree program and continue a higher education degree through the Massachusetts EEC Scholarship program.
All courses are stackable and matriculation into the ECE Associate Degree Program is a goal of this pathway.
- PSY 252 Child Development (3 credits)
- ECE 113 Safe and Healthy ECE Environments (3 credits)
- ECE 234 Preschool Curriculum (3 credits) OR ECE 236 Infant/Toddler Curriculum (3 credits)
- ECE 245 CDA Portfolio (3 credits)
Pre-requisites or other requirements
Must hold a position in a licensed Early Education and Care Program of no less than 20 hours per week.
For more information:
Tell us about yourself. Please complete the CDA Pathway Grant Inquiry Form so we can better understand how to better support you in your acquiring your CDA.