COVID-19 information and how to get ready for Summer and Fall 2021
COVID-19 UPDATE: The Civic Engagement staff are not physically on campus due to COVID-19, but we are still here to serve you! To connect with us, please call 508.974.3418 or E-mail us at EEC@Bristolcc.edu; Monday-Friday 8:30 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
The Civic Engagement program seeks to promote a culture of social responsibility and community-engaged learning. To that end, the Civic Engagement program includes: Academic Service-Learning, Community Service Leadership, Volunteer Service Awards, and Voting initiatives.
Our mission is to enhance your educational experience by engaging you in hands-on learning through Service-Learning courses while getting you involved with and helping your local community. Giving back to the community is not just a social service; it is a learning experience and a valuable part of connecting to your college education.
Benefits of Service-Learning Courses
- Increase understanding of class topics through Community-Engaged Learning
- Learn more about social issues and their root causes
- Develop personal and professional skills, especially in the areas of communication, collaboration, problem-solving, and leadership
- Expand understanding of diverse cultures and communities
Community Service Recognition
The Civic Engagement program values all service to the community and wants to recognize you for all that you do in making positive social change. Students who are performing community service can:
Apply for the Bristol President’s Volunteer Service Award, which recognizes both individual service as well as service performed by student clubs and organizations. To find out more about eligibility criteria and to apply, please visit:
Be recognized as a Community Service Leader. Students receiving this distinction will be awarded the Red Leadership Cord and will be publicly recognized at their graduation ceremony. Students will be recognized as Community Service Leaders if they complete:
- 200 or more hours of community service as an individual within the calendar year outlined in the President’s Volunteer Service Award application.
- A Leadership Project designed to meet a community need. Students must lead a group of at least 3 of their peers in this project.
- 4 or more Service-Learning courses during their time at the College
Welcome to Civic Engagement at Bristol Community College! We are always looking to connect with non-profit organizations in the communities where our students live in order to work together to make a positive impact for those who need us.
- Bristol matches your organization's need with goal-oriented students.
- Build a responsive work-force community.
- Collaborate with Bristol to align academic learning with skills needed in the workplace.
- Gain access to academic expertise.
- Promotion of organizational sustainability.
- Engage the next generation of talent for your organization.
- Increase students understanding of class topics through Community-Engaged Learning.
- Students are available with start dates in September and January.
If you are interested in learning more about the Bristol Civic Engagement program, please click here!
To partner with us, please create your organization's profile for free in College Central Network (CCN) by completing this form. Once the form is submitted, please email email@example.com for the next steps. We look forward to working with you!
Civic Engagement at Bristol Community College works with our faculty to develop, enhance, or sustain Service-Learning in their classrooms. Service-Learning is simply a way of teaching and learning and is open to faculty of any discipline!
Our office has many established relationships on-campus and with organizations in the local communities at each of our campus locations and are able to help you align your Service-Learning projects with the needs expressed by our partners.
If you are interested in continuing Service-Learning or learning more about how to integrate Service-Learning into one or more of your courses, please complete this quick form.
The Bristol Civic Engagement Program is committed to fostering a culture of voting on our campus and in the local community. Stay Tuned for upcoming programs and opportunities!
Find your polling place, learn about the candidates, research the ballot questions and more! Make sure you have all the information you need before you head to the polls in November