Bristol Community College
This policy establishes guidelines for the college regarding the allowance for – and the boundaries of – teleworking applicable to employees.
Telework will be approved for six-month intervals with requests received no later than 21-business days prior to Jan. 1, 2022 and July 1, 2022. (Dec. 3, 2021 and June 1, 2022)
- Employees will be required to renew their Telework request once every 6 months and no later than 21-business days prior to Jan. 1 and July 1.
- An employee’s job duties, responsibility towards service to co-workers and students, or scheduled daily work hours will not change.
- There will be three Dynamic Forms: Employee Application, Supervisor Approval Notice and Supervisor Denial Notice
- The approval and denial process will be completed via Dynamic Forms, which will include approval by the employee, supervisor, area Vice President and Human Resources.
- Supervisors will be working with their President’s Leadership Team (PLT) Member and Human Resources (HR) to implement and manage the Telework Program.
- Eligible staff positions are full-time/part-time; MCCC unit professionals, NUPs and AFSCME members. Check with your supervisor prior to putting in for a Telework request.
- The workday should be similar to when you are physically in the office, which includes free from personal interruptions, reliable access to technology and appropriate response time.
- Employees may be required to report to their designated campus on a Telework day if requested by their supervisor.
- Requests are not guaranteed and may be amended by their supervisors before approval.
Timeline for the Introduction of Telework:
- Week of November 22, 2021: Notice to all employees announcing application process for Jan. 3.
- Dec. 3, 2021: Deadline for employees to apply for Telework.
- November 22 - Dec. 17, 2021: Supervisors and Vice Presidents review and assess requests as they come in.
- Dec. 17, 2021: Deadline for Supervisors and Vice Presidents approve/deny requests for HR review.
- Dec. 20 – 23, 2021: HR reviews decisions for equity and sends employee approval/denial notice via Dynamic Forms.
- Jan. 3, 2022: Telework may begin as approved.
The application period for January 2022 has ended. Please contact your Supervisor or Human Resources if you have questions about submitting a Telework Request.