COVID-19 information and how to get ready for Summer and Fall 2021
Blackboard Migration and Downtime Completed:
Access Blackboard through accessBCC and Bristol App.
We are pleased to announce the Blackboard migration and downtime, originally scheduled for May 18 to 24, has been completed ahead of schedule.
Beginning today, Thursday, May 20, 2021, at 3 p.m., you can login to Blackboard through accessBCC and the Bristol App.
Please Note: Currently, you will not be able to login to Blackboard by direct access, due to a technical issue that the college is working to resolve. In the meantime, please access Blackboard through accessBCC or the Bristol App. Once the issue is resolved, we will update the college community with further instructions.
You may also notice that Blackboard’s landing page has been reorganized with courses now appearing at the top left within a PC environment. This update enables quicker access to courses while accessing Blackboard on a mobile device.
Thank you for your patience as we completed this important work and thank you to our Online Learning Team and Information Technology Services (ITS) for enabling the successful migration process.
Please continue to visit www.bristolcc.edu/blackboardmove for more information.
For questions about the Blackboard migration, please email Bristol’s CITE Lab at CITE@bristolcc.edu or use the live CITE Lab chat below.
Hours of operation for this live chat are: Monday - Friday 8 a.m. - 4 p.m. EST
Frequently Asked Questions and Instructions
Will the Blackboard downtime impact Spring 2021 grade submission?
- The Spring 2021 semester grade submission deadline is May 17, 2021, one day prior to the planned downtime and will not impact final grading.
Please view: Instructions for Accessing Your Grades in Banner.
How can I access my final grades during a Blackboard downtime?
- During the May 18 to 24 Blackboard downtime, Bristol students can access and view their final Spring 2021 semester grades on the Bristol Mobile App and accessBCC.
- Please view Instructions for accessing your final grades on the Bristol Mobile App, accessBCC or DegreeWorks HERE: How to Check Your Grades
Will the new SaaS Blackboard’s user experience and courses look different following the scheduled migration?
- The new SaaS Blackboard Learn’s user experience and courses will look the same as the previous Blackboard Learn 9.1 user experience with new enhancements to improve services and allow for continuous upgrades.
Will I lose any Blackboard course content during the scheduled Blackboard upgrade and migration?
- No, all 2020/2021 Blackboard course content, including student coursework, assignments, discussions, exams/quizzes and grades, will be automatically migrated over to the new SaaS Blackboard system.
Will the “Integrated Tools” continue to work following the upgrade to the new SaaS Blackboard?
- Yes, the new Saas Blackboard upgrade allows the college to install all building blocks, including custom and homegrown integration.
Optional Blackboard Migration Workshops - Saving your Gradebook
The Grade Center is one of the most powerful features you can use in Blackboard. In addition to providing an overview of how the Grade Center works, this workshop will cover how you can back up all student grades to ensure you have a copy of the entire gradebook and all student information. Join us in this one-hour dive into the inner workings of how to save and ensure you have the information you need to remove old courses, or if you encounter a planned system outage and need access to your gradebook.
Please register for each workshop, using the link below. Once registered, participants will receive a confirmation email invite and information to join the virtual event.
Register here: https://bristolcc-edu.zoom.us/meeting/register/tJMpd-ugqz4sHNG9ekp6KqB-4cVdGXFi89AH