CORONAVIRUS, SAFETY PRECAUTIONS & TESTING
Mental Health Counseling
Mental Health Counseling Services are available during remote learning. To promote the health and safety of our community during the Coronavirus (COVID-19) Pandemic, all student counseling will be done remotely, either through videoconferencing or over the phone. We are here to support you.
- To make an appointment or to ask questions, please call 774.357.2234 or email email@example.com. Responses will be made within one business day.
- Please visit the CDC's Managing Stress and Anxiety page for helpful information: https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/prepare/managing-stress-anxiety.html
- Free and anonymous screenings are available for you to check on yourself: mentalhealthscreening.org/BristolCC.
Mental Health Counseling in a community college setting emphasizes providing psychoeducational support and often centers on individual growth and development. Typically, sessions are focused on managing temporary problems of daily living, rather than treating psychological disorders.
A counselor helps people to think about events and emotions in different ways. Through counseling, individuals often find that they gain new perspectives, increase self-awareness and empathy, make better-informed choices, and are less affected by stress. And, of course, a counselor can help with academic issues, such as test anxiety. A community college counselor can also screen for depression, anxiety, substance use, and various other psychological disorders and, if agreeable, make referrals to community resources that provide appropriate therapy and treatment.
Student Wellness provides a friendly, supportive environment where free, confidential services are available to Bristol Community College students. The following Mental Health Counseling services are provided:
- Short-term Therapy
- Crisis Intervention
- Substance Use (Alcohol and other drug) Screening
- In-Person Assessments
- Free and Anonymous Online Assessments: mentalhealthscreening.org/BristolCC.
- Appropriate Referrals for Treatment
To make an appointment or to speak with someone to learn more about Mental Health Counseling, see below:
- Fall River Campus: Call 774.357.2234 or visit G211 on the Fall River campus.
- New Bedford Campus: Call 774.357.2234 or visit NH411.
- Attleboro Campus or Taunton Center: Call 774.357.3522 or 774.357.2234.