CLEP (College Level Examination Program)
The College Level Examination Program (CLEP) is a series of computerized, multiple-choice examinations that allow individuals to earn college credit for what they already know, regardless of where they learned it.
Bristol Community College (BCC) is an official CLEP testing center. Each exam is 90 minutes and testing appointments are 2 hours in length. For information on specific examinations and academic credit, Click here for the CLEP Equivalency Policy.
For information about test content please visit the CLEP website.
- Purchase your test from CLEP -Purchase your exam from the “My Account” portal on the CLEP website. Create an account then select and pay for your exam. You may also purchase study materials on this website. After purchasing your exam you will receive a CLEP ticket. You must present your CLEP ticket to the BCC Testing Center on exam day.
- Register for your testing appointment - Testing appointments are available at the Fall River Campus. Please visit the BCC Clep Registration Page.
Please note: All online registrations are final. You will receive an email confirming your testing appointment within 48 hours. If you do not receive an appointment email confirmation please check your spam blocker.
- $85 CLEP Examination fee paid to College Board online website.
- $25 Administrative fee paid to BCC at time of scheduling exam date.
Arrive at the Testing Center (G218) 15 minutes prior to test time and bring the following:
- Your CLEP ticket (contains a voucher number)
- Your BCC appointment confirmation
- Two forms of identification
The primary ID must be a government issued photo ID. A secondary ID must contain either a photo or signature (social security, employee ids, credit and debit cards cannot be used as secondary IDs). The primary ID for Active Military must be a military ID.
Personal belongings are NOT allowed in testing rooms, including electronic devices (cell phones, iPods, calculators, etc).
Students requesting accommodations due to a documented disability must contact the Office Of Disability Services prior to registering for a CLEP exam.
Scoring and Retest Policy
Score Reports are available immediately for all examinations (except for those requiring an ESSAY). In the event a student does not receive a passing score, examinations may be repeated three (3) months from the initial test date. New registration and payment is required.
Calculator functions are provided within the test delivery of the examination if allowed for that subject. Refer to www.collegeboard.com/clep for details.
Date: Thu, 19 Oct 2017 17:00:00 GMT