Become a BCC Student Ambassador
The Student Ambassador Program allows students the opportunity to participate in various public relations, recruitment of future students, and represent the college in various functions such as new student orientations, campus tours, schools visits, speaking appointments, community outreach service, and other leadership events.
In other words, Student Ambassadors take great pride in BCC and strive to display a spirit of excellence in all that we do.
Student Ambassadors play a key role in a variety of campus activities, including:
- New Student Orientation program: Campus Connections
- Prospective Student Recruiting programs
- Off Campus Recruitment and Community Events
- Campus Tours
- Various Communities projects
Do you enjoy helping others? Did you take a campus visit that changed your views on a school? Would you like to give back to your College? Want to be a part of a fun and active student group?
If you identify with these questions, you should consider becoming a Student Ambassador, one of the most prestigious student groups on campus. By leading campus tours, participating in student panels and corresponding with potential students, you can help future students with important college decisions. Ambassadors range in age, majors and come from all over the region, but all have the same vision: to change the world, one learner at the time.
How to Apply
Contact Student Engagement at 508.678.2811, ext. 2222 for your chance to join the Student Ambassador program.
Duties, Expectations, and Rewards
- Visit local schools
- Meet with interested students
- Attend Parent Advisory Meetings
- Be familiar with campus resources
- Provide timely information about BCC
- Assist with Alumni Programs
- Get students excited to come to BCC
- Provide help to students applying to BCC
- Provide peer advising services to high school students
- Assist in the recruitment of future ambassadors
To be eligible to participate in the Student Ambassador program, students must:
- Maintain a minimum 2.5 cumulative GPA
- Attend required training sessions
- Participate in at least four of the following each term: events, tours, and off campus community outreach visits.
Through the planning and production of these activities, Student Ambassadors will have the opportunity to develop a wide range of professional skills, such as team leadership, marketing, communications, and event management. In addition, they will be eligible for:
- Leadership Training and Professional Development
- A Student Ambassador shirt, lanyard, and wind-breakers other free bees
- Networking opportunities with BCC faculty and administrators
- A Certificate of Service signed by the Registrar and BCC President at Graduation
- A reference letter outlining their contribution to the program
Date: Tue, 19 Dec 2017 15:00:00 GMT