Default Slideshow 1 Image Default Slideshow 2 Image Default Slideshow 3 Image Default Slideshow 4 Image
Default Slideshow 1 Image
Bristol Community College Logo

Immunization Info

Required Immunizations

State law requires ALL 12 credit students, ALL students on a VISA and ALL Health Science (except General Studies/Health Science Option) and Early Childhood Ed students to furnish proof of immunization for Measles, Mumps, Rubella, Tetanus, Varicella and Hepatitis B. Health Sciences (NOT General Studies Health Science Option) & Early Childhood Ed students also need a physical exam on the BCC form and a Tuberculosis test before going to practicum.

Massachusetts law 105CMR 220.600, outlines the requirements for college students. See list above or go to If you can prove that you had the above vaccines, you do not need to get them again. If you cannot prove that you had them, but you know you did, your doctor can do blood tests to prove immunity to measles, mumps, rubella, varicella and Hepatitis B, and these will satisfy the requirements. There are certain medical reasons and religious reasons for not getting vaccinated and these will need to be documented.

Age Limitations

Anyone born in the United States before 1957 does not have to provide proof of MMR unless they are in a Health Science program. Anyone born before 1980 does not have to provide proof of Varicella unless they are in a Health Science program.

Obtaining Proof of Immunizations

Proof of immunizations can be found:

  • High school records (best source)
  • Elementary school records
  • Pediatrician
  • Board of Health where you grew up
  • Baby book

Paper records are kept for about 2 years. An electronic record will be kept for many years but it may not have all the dates you would need; it may only indicate that you have satisfied the requirements. You should keep a record of your own immunizations in a safe place.

Physical Examinations

Only students accepted in one of the Health Science Programs (Not General Studies Health Science Option) need to provide a completed physical examination form. This form will be given to you by the director of the program once you are accepted or you may download one from our website or contact Health Services.

Immunization Holds

Students who do not complete this requirement will be placed on HOLD for future registrations and transcripts.

Picture for Hold video

Obtain Immunization Records

You may come in to get a copy of your records (with proof of identity) or you can sign a release form that would allow us to fax or send them to another college Health Service or Health Care Provider.

Obtain Immunization Info Image

Contact Details

Health Services
Fall River Campus
Phone: 508.678.2811, ext. 2232
Location: G201

Registered Nurse: Monday - Friday, 8 a.m. - 4 p.m. 
Doctor: Friday, 8 a.m. - Noon


Event Calendar

Date: Mon, 4 Jan 2016 05:00:00 GMT

Book Advance (1/4/2016 - 2/12/2016)


Bookmark and Share

Date: Mon, 8 Feb 2016 13:00:00 GMT

Somerset-Berkley Regional High School On-Site (2/8/2016)


Bookmark and Share

Date: Mon, 8 Feb 2016 14:00:00 GMT

Federal Direct Loan Counseling - Attleboro (2/8/2016)


Bookmark and Share

Date: Tue, 9 Feb 2016 13:00:00 GMT

Greater New Bedford Regional Vocational Technical High School Palooza (2/9/2016)


Bookmark and Share