Student Health Services helps you maximize your health and well-being while achieving academic success at the College. Services include assistance with immunization requirements and insurance, first-aid, support for students experiencing physical and mental health concerns, and monthly educational programs to encourage health promotion and reduce the risk of disease. The office works with area health providers to offer students comprehensive care, referrals and resources. Student Health Services in committed to providing respectful, caring and confidential services to all students. All visits are confidential and free of charge.
Staff: Dr. Henry Vaillancourt, School Physician, Carol Constantine BSN, RN, Health Services Coordinator, Patrician Demeo BSN, RN, staff nurse and Cheryl Saber, staff assistant.
The Doctor Is In!
The doctor’s hours this semester will be from 8 a.m. to noon on Thursdays. It is suggested that you make an appointment ahead of time, but walk-ins are welcomed. Call ext. 2232 to make an appointment.
- First Aid
- A place to rest and someone to talk to
- Answers to health questions
- Immunization record keeping
- Some over-the-counter medicines
- Referrals to outside agencies
- Free condoms
- Free health information brochures for yourself and/or class projects
- Free pregnancy, STD and HIV testing by Family Planning every Thursday from 9:30 a.m. - 12:30 p.m.
- Substance use screening and substance abuse counseling
- ULifeline: online surveys on health/mental health topics: see left hand menu
Available Health Information
Every month the staff provides brochures, posters, games, surveys, etc. on a different health topic. Some examples are: HIV/Aids, Smoking Cessation, Alcohol & Drugs, Sexually Transmitted Diseases, Domestic Violence. Often other agencies join us. Family Planning is here every month in the Lobby of G building with free condoms and information, game and prizes. We facilitate a Wellness Fair on the Fall River Campus in the Fall. Flyers are posted on the bulletin boards.
Information About the Zika Virus
The Zika virus has been prominent in the news lately. Zika Virus Fact Sheet.