Job Search Assistance
Career Services invites employers from a broad range of industries to our campuses so they may discuss career paths and find potential candidates. Recruitment activities include job fairs, recruitment tables, and special presentations. We encourage you to check our Event Calendar frequently as new activities are scheduled throughout the academic year.
- On-Campus Recruitment - Each spring, Career Services organizes two job fairs, one of which focuses on our clinical health science programs. These fairs—which are typically held in April—provide a great opportunity for you to network with employers from a wide range of industries, discover career paths, and apply for jobs. In addition to formal job fairs, employers set up recruitment tables at various times throughout the academic year to discuss career paths, job opportunities, and recruit staff.
- Employer Speaker Series - Representatives from local companies visit BCC to discuss career paths at their respective companies. Discussions often include tips on successful interview etiquette, résumé “do’s and don’ts”, and more. Regardless of your major, these talks provide a unique opportunity to hear directly from human resource professionals and ask those tough questions!
Job Search Tools and Resources
We offer a great selection of tools and resources that can help you market yourself to employers, find job postings, explore occupations and industries, and much more. These include the following:
- Jobs Bulletin - Our Jobs Bulletin is an electronic resource that provides job seekers with a host of job search resources, including job postings from local employers, a listing of jobs from the Department of Workforce Development, and more.
- Optimal Résumé - Optimal Résumé offers an amazing suite of online career tools to help job seekers create professional quality résumés and cover letters, manage an online portfolio, practice interview skills with an interactive virtual interview tool, and even develop a personal website. Optimal Résumé is available to all BCC students and graduates for up to six months after graduation.
- Workshops - Career Services offers workshops that can help you prepare for your job search. Topics include: resume writing, interviewing, identifying and marketing your skills, job search tools, networking on LinkedIn, and others. Check our calendar for a full listing of topics and when they are offered. Please not that some workshops require pre-registration.