In support of BCC students, Connections Services operates as a proactive advising model in which you receive personalized academic support and referrals to valuable campus resources. Staffed with faculty and staff advisors and Peer advisors, Connections Services supports students who are experiencing difficulties in specific courses, on warning, or have been reinstated to the college after dismissal.
Connections Services is a continuous, individual advising process that is available for students in academic jeopardy. Candidates for referrals to Connections Services can include students who have not maintained satisfactory academic progress or consistency in completing coursework, as well as those who have had several class absences. Referrals to Connections Services are not made only by professors, students can refer themselves as well as receive referrals from another department.
A referral to Connections Services can help you:
- Identify your strengths and weaknesses and help you recognize ways to capitalize on your individual academic talents and skills.
- Develop new skills and strategies that may be useful as you pursue your education
- Connect you with valuable resources and services available on campus.
The Connections Services main office is located within the Academic Advising Department at the Fall River campus (G200). Connections Advisors are available to students at all BCC locations:
- Fall River and Taunton: Contact Laura Kajan at Laura.Kajan@bristolcc.edu or 508-678-2811, ext. 3505
- Attleboro: Contact Lara Akinyemi at email@example.com or 508-678-2811, ext. 3039
- New Bedford: Contact Deb Palumbo at firstname.lastname@example.org or 508-678-2811, ext. 2758
- For general questions and information about Connections Services or the Academic Appeal process, please call our main line at 508-678-2811, ext. 2761.
Academic Advising & Counseling
NEW BEDFORD CAMPUS
Date: Tue, 17 Oct 2017 19:30:00 GMT