Costa Academic Support Center
The Costa Academic Support Center at BCC New Bedford
Located in the state-of-the-art 800 Purchase St. building in Downtown New Bedford, the Costa Academic Support Center offers student support of all varieties. Our staff is available seven days a week to answer your questions about eLearning, technical support, tutoring, mentoring and more. The modern computer lab and work space offers students a peaceful and ideal place to complete class work and thrive in their studies.
Support when you need it
Our goal is to help students succeed in meeting their goals. At the Costa Academic Support Center, you’re never alone in the learning process.
Our staff is here to assist you with:
- In-person support
- Support for individuals with disabilities
- Online library services
- Access to the internet, Microsoft Office Suite, printing and more
- Accessing your eLearning courses
- eLearning support and training
- Assistance setting up your accessBCC account
- Set-up for your laptop on our Wi-Fi network
- Other technical assistance
Tutoring and Support
The Costa Academic Support Center also helps students who need extra assistance outside the classroom.
- One-on-one and group sessions for tutoring and general academic help in most class subjects.
- Basic school skill improvement (time management/organizational strategies)
- Writing center faculty tutors available by appointment
- Peer tutors available to cover a variety of subjects
- Learning style development
- Improving style development
- Improving study skills
- Note taking
- Test and quiz review
SMARTHINKING is an online tool to virtually connect with trained e-structors. Receive outstanding academic support and tutoring 24/7.
- Scheduled personal sessions with e-structors in most subjects
- Interactive whiteboard sessions
- Live tutorials
- Easy essay submission for proofreading/editing