Our goal is to assist the College Community to obtain grant funding that contributes to the overall mission of the College. Grant funds are obtained by submitting well-crafted applications to federal and state public agencies, and to private foundations with grant programs.
The Grand Development Team works as internal consultants assisting teams to develop and refine project ideas, construct competitive grant applications, build project budgets, obtain internal authorization for grant applications, and submit grants to funding sources.
- Research and disseminate grant funding opportunities;
- Develop or assist in the development of funding applications;
- Provide technical assistance regarding grant project design, project evaluation, grant budget development and project implementation;
- Facilitate project planning team sessions;
- Assist College leadership in evaluating and prioritizing grant programs;
- Identify and develop external partners necessary for competitive applications;
- Assist with the development of sub-contracts with external grant partners;
- Serve as a clearinghouse for all grant applications to avoid duplication and assure compliance with application requirements
- Initiate and monitor internal grant authorization process;
- Maintain electronic archive of all grant applications;
- Maintain accurate records of current grant resources;
- Research emerging trends and evidence-based practices in higher education to improve quality of grant applications;
- Meet with College Community to identify resource needs;
- Prepare a quarterly newsletter and conduct workshops in grant development;
- Coordinate with the BCC Foundation on grant applications requiring tax-exempt nonprofit organization (501(c)(3)) status
Grant Development uses a systematic process to plan grant applications. Working with College stakeholders, Grant Development identifies the priorities for new funding and determines which grant applications will require renewal. This information provides Grant Development with a list of key priorities for the coming year to assist in identifying the potential sources to respond to these priorities. An agenda of grant development activities is established to assure that priorities are met in a timely and productive manner.
Partners in the grant process are required to follow a specific process to assure that the Grant Development and other key college personnel are alerted to grants in development, and have sufficient time to assist grant teams in meeting their goals and obtaining internal authorization prior to the grant submission deadline.
Grant team leaders are required to submit the Intent to Develop Grant form to Grant Development to communicate their intent to apply for a for a grant and to request services from Grant Development as soon as this decision is made and no later than 8 weeks prior to the grant application deadline. One week prior to the grant application deadline, the grant team leader must submit the Request for Grant Application Submission Approval form to initiate the internal grant authorization process.
Please review the Grant Procedure Outline to learn more about the grant development requirements at BCC.