The Office of Grant Development (OGD) strives to assist Bristol Community College in obtaining grant funding that contributes to the overall mission of the College. Grant funds are obtained by submitting well-crafted applications to federal and state public agencies, as well as private foundations.
The OGD works to support grant development and assists in the refinement of project ideas, constructs competitive grant applications, builds project budgets and budget narratives. We provide an easy to use portal to give the OGD needed information indicating your interest in developing a grant. Also, the Grant Team will assist with the needed internal College approvals.
- Research and disseminate grant funding opportunities;
- Develop or assist in the development of funding applications;
- Provide technical assistance regarding grant project design, project evaluation, grant budget development and project implementation;
- Facilitate project planning team sessions;
- Assist College leadership in evaluating and prioritizing grant programs;
- Serve as a clearinghouse for all grant applications to avoid duplication and assure compliance with application requirements
- Initiate and monitor internal grant authorization process;
- Maintain electronic archive of all grant applications;
- Maintain accurate records of current grant resources;
- Research emerging trends and evidence-based practices in higher education to improve quality of grant applications;
- Meet with College Community to identify resource needs;
- Coordinate with the BCC Foundation on grant applications requiring tax-exempt nonprofit organization (501(c)(3)) status
The Office of Grant Development (OGD) provides interested developers with assistance through the grant development stage, ensures that proposals are in alignment with the College’s priorities and strategic plan, and provides customized services and supports to the grant developer.
OGD requires a meeting with the grant developer and will provide a coordinated grant development schedule. All grants are reviewed by the Office of Grant Development to ensure that the project is in accordance with College priorities, the interested party is the proper area/division/program to apply to the funding opportunity, and key college personnel are alerted to the grant and its requirements in the development stage.
The Office of Grant Development’s policies and procedures provides an interested grant developer with the information needed about developing and submitting a grant at BCC as the Principal Investigator (PI). The policies and procedures also inform the Principal Investigator of the responsibilities and requirements of the College. If you are interested in developing a grant, please fill out the BCC Grant Development Form.
This form should be filled out to convey an intent to apply for a grant, to request services from Grant Development as soon as this decision is made and completed no later than 8 weeks prior to the grant application deadline. All required and needed documents and information must be submitted to the OGD 10 days prior to the deadline for internal approvals.
Office of Grant Development
Date: Tue, 19 Dec 2017 15:00:00 GMT