Nominations for the 2013-2014 Awards are now open. Please consider nominating outstanding students, faculty, and staff who meet the criteria. If you have questions, contact Kathy Burns, chair of the Awards Committee.
- For a nomination to be valid, you must comply with the following:
- Answer EVERY question on the form. Incomplete or handwritten forms will not be considered.
- Submit one form per nominee per award.
- Concentrate on specific achievements of the nominee that directly address the criteria in the award description.
- Consider December graduates and Evening and Weekend students when submitting nominations.
- Award recipients will be notified in writing prior to the event if selected.
- Please note: a nomination is not a guarantee of an award
- Submit completed form(s) to CollegeAwards@BristolCC.edu
Sceptre & Scroll Award
The Sceptre and Scroll is awarded to members of the college community who consistently provide exceptional college-wide service and/or leadership, over a period of years. Please be specific as to dates and accomplishments. Nominations for staff members should relate to how the service/leadership is above and beyond their job description. Recipients are installed in perpetuity in the Sceptre and Scroll Society. Students nominated must have earned at least 36 credits at BCC by January 2014..
Silver Shield Award
The Silver Shield is awarded to members of the college community who have made significant contributions to the college during the current academic year. Please be specific as to dates and accomplishments. Nominations need to be specific as to the contributions to BCC, including dates. For staff nominations please indicate how the contribution is above and beyond the nominee’s job description. Students nominated must have earned at least 24 credits at BCC by January 2014.
Bronze Shield Award
The Bronze Shield is given to a student who has provided continuous, outstanding service to a student club or student organization of the college. Nominations should include the name of the student club or student organization, dates of involvement, specific activities, and accomplishments of the student.
The Curriculum Award is given to graduating students who have at least a 3.0 GPA. Students who have demonstrated the characteristics of perseverance and reliability or have shown exceptional academic growth and development may receive this award. Nominations should address academic achievement, growth and development, and include a statement of how well the student will represent the standards of achievement of BCC at another institution and/or to a prospective employer. One or more awards may be given for each degree or certificate program.
Bronze Shield Award Nomination Form
Curriculum Award Nomination Form