**AS OF MONDAY, MAY 6, 2013, GED TESTING AT BCC WILL BE OPEN TO LEGAL MA RESIDENTS ONLY**
2002 GED SERIES CLOSEOUT DATES
- FRIDAY, OCTOBER 18, 2013- LAST DATE TO SUBMIT NEW REGISTRATIONS
- SATURDAY, DECEMBER 14, 2013- LAST DATE for ALL GED testing in Massachusetts
Registrations will be taken until all appointments are filled.
The GED Tests are standardized exams in Reading, Writing Skills, Mathematics, Science and Social Studies. The questions in each test require you to use general knowledge and thinking skills. Few questions ask about facts, details, or definitions. Even though you have not finished high school, you probably gained knowledge and skills through experience, reading, and informal training. The GED Tests measure the important skills and knowledge, usually learned during four years of high school that you have obtained in a different manner.
You must be at least 16 years of age, and NOT currently enrolled in a K-12 program leading to a high school diploma. Applicants 22 and under must sign a disclosure form (if 17 or under, parent/guardian must also sign) indicating that they understand that earning the GED Diploma will make them ineligible to receive some services which local high schools provide.
Applications must be completed at least two weeks in advance of the testing date.
If you have previously tested at another Testing Center, you must transfer your records here before testing.
You may take one or all the tests offered on a testing day.
Required at time of registration:
- Photo ID
- A $65.00 MONEY ORDER (this fee is non-refundable)
- You must keep your appointments. No cancellations are allowed. If you miss an appointment, you will be charged a no-show fee. No Show Fees are $25 per test missed.
- If 17 and under you must get a letter from the last school attended
- Tests are given in Building C, Room 111 (Siegel Health Technologies Building) You must arrive on time. You will not be permitted to test if you are late, and you will be charged a “no-show” fee.
- Bring the Photo ID you presented when you registered for the tests. Those without proper ID will not be admitted. Failure to bring the same ID to a testing session will be considered a “no show,” and a no-show fee will be charged.
- A calculator will be provided when you take the math test. You must be familiar with the use of a calculator before you attend the math test. You will be given information about the calculator to use when you submit your application.
- The following items are Prohibited: electronic devices, including cell phones, handbag, bag, book or notebook, papers, food or drink.
The first retests may be taken after completing all five tests. The cost of each retest is $17.00 (effective September 1, 2012).
You must achieve a score of 410 on each test and an average score of 450 on the five tests (a total of 2250). It takes about 2 weeks to correct the tests. Scores will be mailed to you when they become available.
|GED Testing Schedule|
|First Testing Date||Arrive At|
|Language Arts, Writing||
|Second Testing Date|
|Social Studies||9:35 am|
Accomodations in testing are available for individuals with documented disabilities. For more information, contact Marianne LeGuyader, Chief Examiner, at 508.678.2811, ext 2156.
We mail you the Official Transcript when you complete all five tests. The GED Diploma is mailed to the successful candidate by the State Department of Education.
Contact BCC when you need a transcript sent to an employer or to a college or school.
Contact the State Department of Education when you need a letter certifying that you received your GED Diploma, at (781)338-6625. For specific information, visit the Department of Education
Anyone who earns their GED Certificate through the BCC testing center is eligible to attend an annual GED graduation ceremony. For more information about dates and times of graduation contact Community Services at 508-678-2811 ext 2269.
Official Site of the GED Testing Service
Choose "Programs and Services, and then GED Testing Service.
Steck-Vaughn GED Practice Test Site
Monday 8:00am - 1:00pm
Tuesday 1:00pm - 6:30pm
Wednesday 1:00pm - 6:30pm
Thursday 8:00am - 1:00pm
Bristol Community College
777 Elsbree Street
Fall River, MA 02720
508.678.2811, ext. 2156