Prior to Placement
As a Co-op student, you will be responsible for becoming familiar and active in your Co-op job search process. To insure a successful placement, you will need to develop a resume in partnership with your Co-op advisor.
You will be asked to identify interests and experience to the Co-op staff to locate appropriate types of placements and work with counselors one-on-one in private settings to help achieve Co-op goals.
Co-op staff will work with you on interview and job application processes during the placement phase. The Co-op staff will contact you for an initial appointment if you if you are a registered student. It will be your responsibility to make the appointment as far in advance of the Co-op semester as possible.
On the Job
During your Co-op experience, you should keep in mind that to your colleagues and to your employer, you represent Bristol Community College. Therefore, you should make every effort to adhere to your employer's work standards and employment policies (for example, dress codes, rules regarding attendance, lunch hours, breaks, etc.) and carry out your responsibilities competently and professionally.
During the Semester
Beyond your day-to-day responsibilities on the job, you should:
- Be willing to earnestly contribute to the employer.
- Take initiative to communicate needs and concerns to employer and faculty supervisor by working the entire work term as agreed upon.
- Inform your Co-op faculty member of any changes in work assignments, personnel changes in the organization, or permanent changes in your work schedule, as soon as possible.
- Continue to maintain good academic standing while completing the cooperative work experience.
- Attend the weekly Cooperative Education Seminar.
- Develop a Learning Agreement, which incorporates input from both faculty and on-the-job supervisor.
- Be aware of personal goals as well as employer expectations and goals.
- Complete all written assignments. Complete and return all self-evaluations. Make sure your Co-op file is complete.
- Offer feedback to employer and faculty supervisor to improve the Co-op experience for future participating students.
Date: Tue, 19 Dec 2017 15:00:00 GMT