CORONAVIRUS & SAFETY PRECAUTIONS:
Action for Attleboro
Student Support Within Reach
With an ambitious goal to raise $2.5 million, Bristol Community College has launched the Action for Attleboro: Student Support Within Reach campaign.
With a $1 million investment from the Robert F. Stoico/FIRSTFED Charitable Foundation that will help fund the renovation of existing campus space to create a new, state-of-the-art Library Learning Commons, the campaign is off to a great start.
The Action for Attleboro campaign will support Attleboro student needs with the following:
- Library Learning Commons that will provide Attleboro students direct access to innovative learning resources and support services.
- Scholarships for students on the Attleboro Campus.
- Open Educational Resources (free electronic textbooks) that eliminate the need for expensive textbooks.
- CARE Fund emergency aid for students who face dire food insecurity and other unavoidable life situations.
- Guided College Pathways, college-level courses at area high schools that lead to a shorter path to completing college as well as significant cost savings to students and their families.
Making a Difference in Students’ Lives
Waleed Quddumi validates Bristol’s mission to ensure that every student gets the support and tools to achieve their educational goals. As a student at Bristol’s Attleboro Campus, Waleed conveniently attended classes near his home. Now, with a degree from Bristol, he is on his way to the University of Massachusetts Amherst’s Isenberg School of Management with the goal of becoming a financial advisor.
Bristol is committed to helping every student tell their own success story. With less than one third of our budget financed by state aid, the college is increasingly dependent on private philanthropy.
Please support our goal to raise $2.5 million for the Attleboro Campus. As Bristol strives to build a college-going culture in our region, we are working to provide accessible and affordable public higher education for our students – so they can achieve success in life and realize their dreams for a brighter future.
Give online today. Be sure to select “Action for Attleboro” in the drop-down so your gift is allocated to this cause.
To learn more, contact the Bristol Foundation at 774.357.2007 or email@example.com.