President John Sbrega's Goals & Objectives for Fiscal Year 2015
Strategic Goal A: Successful Students
- Vision Project: College Participation/College Completion
- Increase overall enrollment (credit and noncredit) by three percent.
- Increase the number of 2015 graduates by more than one percent to strengthen the Six-Year “Achieving the Dream” Success Rate.
- Establish a new center in downtown Taunton which incorporates all credit and noncredit services and consolidates all operations in one place.
- Reduce student time in developmental courses.
- Strengthen completion rate for developmental English by two percent by incorporating lessons learned through developmental math re-engineering.
- Implement pilot for GPA-based mathematics placement testing.
- Establish or expand bridge programs between noncredit training and degree credit.
- Vision Project: Closing Achievement Gaps
- Assess persistence rates by demographics to explore solutions to increase completion.
- Implement an engagement/retention program coupled with mentoring of African American male students to raise the persistence rate by two percent per year in the next two years (by 2016).
- Increase the number of minority students in STEM and Healthcare programs by three percent.
- Vision Project: Workforce Alignment
- Create career pathways to encourage students to enter STEM fields.
- Vision Project: Student Learning
- Strengthen system for granting credit for Prior Learning.
- Pilot Prior Learning Assessment Tool for all students in CATCH Institute.
- Implement three academic and career pathways.
- Create two new academic programs of study.
Strategic Goal B: Sustainable Growth and Change
- Increase by 35 percent the College’s energy consumption from renewable resources.
- Institutionalize and continue assessment of College Preparedness System and Federal and State compliance reporting and programming.
- Increase private funds raised by five percent.
- Expand and strengthen the Foundation’s relationships with alumni and with employees.
- Launch “Transforming Bristol Community College” fundraising campaign to equip new Health and Science building.
- Explore and adopt ways for users to better access data needed for decision-making.
- Audit and set priorities for space and staffing needs.
- Complete strategic space use plan for Workforce Education Institute on Davol Street.
- Implement a robust information security program and build awareness and compliance with users.
Strategic Goal C: Engaged Campuses
- Vision Project: Preparing Citizens
- Expand Service-Learning (academic-related community work) into more experiences to increase Service-Learning by 20 percent.
- Expand international education opportunities for students, faculty, and staff.
- Vision Project: Support Vision Project and College priorities in College messaging
- Strengthen BRCC identifying messages that reflect the College mission at all sites.
- Establish college-wide effort to focus on retention and recruitment.
- Launch and implement a substantive online presence that strengthens and supports enrollment and retention and engages College community in content development.
- Establish Multicultural Student Center services and programming, and link them with retention and recruitment.
- Create college-wide diversity initiative aimed at engaging faculty, staff, and students in changing College culture.
- Build and implement a broad-based, robust planning effort to prepare for the College’s 50th anniversary.
Strategic Goal D: Strong Partnerships
- Position the Workforce Education Institute as the one-stop access point for all College services.
- Expand Corporate Education and Training revenues by 10 percent.
- Continue implementation of statewidecost-savings identified in Partnership for Advancing Cost Efficiencies (PACE).
- Take lead on collaborative statewide effort to reduce energy consumption and carbon footprint.
- Implement collective purchasing contracts and information security systems negotiated through PACE.
- Explore unified student information system implementation.
- Expand career pathways between noncredit and credit areas.
FY15 Goals and Objectives (.PDF)