Parking Changes - Fall 2014
Parking changes starting Monday, September 15
Sorry, parking will still be hard....
But as of Monday, overflow parking will be at Bishop Connolly ONLY. Parking is still available all the other areas listed below. The trolley will run between Bishop Connolly and the front of D building Mondays through Thursdays, 7:45 a.m. to 5 p.m.
If you need assistance getting to your car, please call Campus Police.
Parking on the BCC Fall River Campus is going to be tough for the first few weeks of Fall 2014.
With the ongoing construction of new solar canopies in several lots, parking is going to be tighter than normal for students, staff, and faculty. (Read about the canopies here.)
While this project is wrapping up, a bunch of new parking solutions have been added to ease the burden including:
- Parking and free shuttle service from Durfee and Bishop Connolly high schools.
- Parking on both sides of Elsbree Street (approved by the City of Fall River)
- Parking on the north side of Langley Street (turn off Elsbree Street east toward route 24 along the College’s lots, across from the houses and approved by the City of Fall River).
- Newly created spaces on the Fall River Campus.
Here is a map to show you where you can park on and off campus for the first few weeks.
Free Shuttle Service
Reserved parking for BCC students, staff, and faculty will be available at Bishop Connolly High School as well as Durfee High School.
Trolleys will run Monday-Thursday, from 7:45am to 5pm from designated stops at each school. Watch for the signs!
The service will run as a loop: picking passengers up at Connolly, Durfee, and BCC throughout the day. If you need assistance getting to your car, call Campus Police.
If you come to the College in the morning and don’t move your car until you go home in the afternoon, consider parking in the off-site spaces to make campus spaces available to our students.
- Leave yourself extra time to get to work and/or class.
- Be patient! We will have lots of signage and directions posted and will try to make it as easy for you as we can.
- Please contact Campus Police at ext. 2218 if you need assistance.
- Remember that our inconvenience is paving the way for a great opportunity for the College – a solar canopy providing cheaper, more sustainable energy for the College. This project will make major strides in limiting College emissions into the atmosphere.
- DO NOT park illegally -- please do not block neighbors' driveways, fire hydrants, or handicapped spaces