Lockdown & Shelter in Place
A lockdown and shelter in place is called when conditions call for securing yourself in a safe place and waiting until a uniformed authority says that it is safe to end.
A lockdown and shelter in place is when you:
- Move into a sheltered place as safe as possible (a room, an office, an enclosed space, preferably with a door that can be locked)
- Lock yourself in. If the door does not lock, barricade doors with furniture
- Move away from all doors and windows and shelter yourself with furniture
- Mute cell phones and turn off lights
- In silence, wait for an all-clear
For more please watch the following video:
Authorities will use BCCalert and other notification systems. Because we cannot send BCCalert just to a specific campus, you will likely get the notice, but we will identify where the lockdown will take place.
For more information, please contact Campus Police.